Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, Jose Reyes just committed the 500,000th error in MLB history.

Comment

figures

Comment

Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
          I should add Lou, I just think you are a douchebag to be completely honest. I dont like you on the interwebs and I have a hard time believing that I would like you in person. You seem like the type of popped collar prick at a bar who always tries to turn any conversation back to a topic of your choosing no matter what the room is discussing and I come to this conclusion by your multitude of lengthy diatribes in almost every thread you post in whether such a lengthy post is warranted or not. If someone ponders what a player might make in the next season you will go through every players salary just to see how that one asshole might fit in.

Just fuck you.
          This is nice. I should add, I have no opinion on you because you are a name on a message board and the only thing I know about "you" is everyone seems to yell at you for not eating a frog for some surely idiotic reason. But I am glad I am in your thoughts where you remember posts I made 7 years ago and have built a real world persona for me where I pop collars. You nailed it.

Comment

it was a toad, lou

not a frog

a toad
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by bell_virus.exe View Post
              or maybe Bonifacio at 2B, Solano at 3B, Ruggiano in CF and we can bring back Lee to play 1B so LoMo is in LF!!!!!!
              If that's the case, I think I'll just skip following the sport for the season and watch the Nippon League or something.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

take me with you
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

The Miami Marlins plan to make the acquisition of a third baseman their top priority this winter, but Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports believes a weak hot corner market may force the club to get creative:

The Miami Marlins preliminary plan for 2013 is to keep Emilio Bonifacio in center field, play Donovan Solano at second and make the acquisition of a third baseman their top priority.

Good luck.
                  Rosenthal goes on to note that third basemen, in general, are "scarce." He doesn’t expect San Diego Padres third baseman Chase Headley or David Wright of the New York Mets to become available. This could leave current Chicago White Sox veteran Kevin Youkilis as the top free agent at the position.

Rosenthal does give Miami credit for being "quite creative," so he could see them moving Bonifacio back to third base and instead targeting an outfielder. Among the options available would be free agent-to-be B.J. Upton and his brother, current Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton.
                  http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2012/9/1...n-justin-upton

awesome

this team is going to be incredibad

Comment

There is nothing creative about signing/acquiring a longterm CF option and picking up the best 2B/3B stopgap for a year or two they can get to play opposite Bonifacio. This isn't hard. Put Solano on the fucking bench.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                      There is nothing creative about signing/acquiring a longterm CF option and picking up the best 2B/3B stopgap for a year or two they can get to play opposite Bonifacio. This isn't hard. Put Solano on the fucking bench.
                      Ya but Solano doesn't cost 10-12 million a season. Loria has made it clear he will NOT spend money next year other than to put a "competitive" team on the field

His thinking is why spend money on BJ Upton in 2013 when the team will still be bad?

Which makes NO sense since if u get better players the team will get better but that is what he thinks.
                      --------------------
                      Smart Idea would be to trade JJ for a package of prospects(ML Ready Arms and a young position guy who is close to ready) then with the money saved sign a CF for 3 years or so
                      Last edited by tjfla; 09-18-2012, 12:25 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Loria/this FO is a joke. Loria wanted Bell, Reyes, Buck and he overpaid for all 3.

They have apparently not put an emphasis on acquiring a CF. Our 3B situation is still open.. They keep thinking Boner is the answer at CF, 2B and 3B.

Cishek could've been our closer this year and done a fairly good job compared to what Bell has done in his past couple of seasons.

Instead of overpaying for Reyes, you could've acquired Aramis Ramirez and CJ Wilson.

While John Buck can call a fair game, he is overpaid. The guy cannot do anything on the offensive side.

Ozzie Guillen was another error in my opinion. The guy might know a lot about the game, but he is not the person you want leading your ball club, especially now that we have a bunch of young guys.

This was the Marlins year to win over fans, and try to be popular in Miami. We had a new ballpark and a bunch of money to spend. As far as I see it, we failed miserably. I do not expect anything over 20k fans per game next season. I will keep watching because of my love for the team and the sport, but there is no way I see the newcomers coming back and wasting their money to see this team.
                        Last edited by Big Z; 09-18-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                          but he is not the person you want leading your ball club,
                          Am I mis-remembering that world series title?
                          poop

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Ya but Solano doesn't cost 10-12 million a season. Loria has made it clear he will NOT spend money next year other than to put a "competitive" team on the field

His thinking is why spend money on BJ Upton in 2013 when the team will still be bad?

Which makes NO sense since if u get better players the team will get better but that is what he thinks.
                            --------------------
                            Smart Idea would be to trade JJ for a package of prospects(ML Ready Arms and a young position guy who is close to ready) then with the money saved sign a CF for 3 years or so
                            I think it makes plenty of sense.

Why spend on a weak free agent class if it's going to make no difference to the bottom line (making/not making the playoffs)?

I'd rather not spend foolishly again.
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                            Loria/this FO is a joke. Loria wanted Bell, Reyes, Buck and he overpaid for all 3.

They have apparently not put an emphasis on acquiring a CF. Our 3B situation is still open.. They keep thinking Boner is the answer at CF, 2B and 3B.

Cishek could've been our closer this year and done a fairly good job compared to what Bell has done in his past couple of seasons.

Instead of overpaying for Reyes, you could've acquired Aramis Ramirez and CJ Wilson.

While John Buck can call a fair game, he is overpaid. The guy cannot do anything on the offensive side.

Ozzie Guillen was another error in my opinion. The guy might know a lot about the game, but he is not the person you want leading your ball club, especially now that we have a bunch of young guys.

This was the Marlins year to win over fans, and try to be popular in Miami. We had a new ballpark and a bunch of money to spend. As far as I see it, we failed miserably. I do not expect anything over 20k fans per game next season. I will keep watching because of my love for the team and the sport, but there is no way I see the newcomers coming back and wasting their money to see this team.
                            This is funny considering you weren't saying those things at the time they happened. You even liked the Heath Bell signing, didn't you? Aren't you the guy who said "no more Leo problems" or whatever it was?

+ Loria wanted C.J. Wilson who took less money to play in his hometown. I don't think you can blame Loria for that.
                            Last edited by Erick; 09-18-2012, 01:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                              I think it makes plenty of sense.

Why spend on a weak free agent class if it's going to make no difference to the bottom line (making/not making the playoffs)?

I'd rather not spend foolishly again.
                              On a 1 year deal it makes sense not to spend cash but if u offer Upton or Bourn a 4 year deal,u got a CF for 8-10 mil a year for the next 4 years

Comment

Upton isn't very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X