Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not saying he's the answer, but he would probably be better than Donnie Murphy.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• None of the possible CF options are exciting. Bourne is going to get alot of money and he is in his 30s. Who knows when he hits the wall. Upton is going to get alot of money and just kind of sucks.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• BJ Upton does not suck

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          BJ Upton does not suck
          WAR says he's good, but he's basically average offensively (sub .300 OBP this season) and he's was bad in CF this season by every defensive metric (which I don't trust but whatever.)

So I don't know what to make of him.

Comment

• Our current holes (Currently projected below average production):

Position:
            C
            1B/LF (Depending on where Logan plays [Hopefully he plays first])
            2B
            3B
            CF

-C is unlikely to be upgraded; However, it's possible a John Buck/Rob Brantly platoon could push average.
            -Ruggiano should fill out fine as an average starter in one of the OF spots, but he's still a Q
            -Bonifacio probably should not be starting, but will likely fill out one of 2b/3b/CF.
            -Logan could suck shit again

Pitching:
            3/5ths of our rotation is either not good or unproven. Turner was fantastic in his 7 starts here but I doubt that walk rate stays so good. Nolasco sucks. Eovaldi, in nearly a season worth of IP has below average FIP/ERA (And a terrible xFIP of 4.61).

Bullpen is too volatile to even really talk about; I think it'll be fine though.

So, best case we need 2 starting position players and 2 SP to be any kind of contending team at all (Let a lone a favorite). Likely case, we need about 4 position players and 3 SP (4 once JJ is traded)

Anything is possible™ but to be optimistic of 2014 is to be a homer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
              BJ Upton does not suck
              Numbers say otherwise.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Samson on 790 said that Loria and him stand behind Beinfest and all the rumors about him being in danger of losing his job didn't come from within the organization.

Comment

• Holy Cheesus I hate Beinfest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                    Nah, we're going to be shitty almost for sure next season.

But for conversations sake, how would you do it? What is doing things right?
                    The funny thing is this is setting up to be one of those years where everyone expects the Marlins to suck but then they'll go and exceed everyone's expectations by staying in the playoff race all year (i.e.: 2006 and 2008).

Not saying they'll be good. Just saying we've expected to REALLY suck before and we ended up not sucking.

Comment

• End in a pile?

Comment

• "Pile" could imply many things, so sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
                          "Pile" could imply many things, so sure.
                          NSFW

Spoiler:

Comment

• I knew what you meant. lol.

I was just saying I could say "end in a pile" and look good no matter what. If it ends in a pile on the mound, I could say I told you so. If it ends in a pile of shit, I could also say I told you so.

Comment

• I know.

Comment

• I'll finish this off by saying that I really did think that picture was going to be NSFW before I opened it.

Comment

Working...
                                X