Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The marlins were really shitty this season and there aren't many moves or people they can call up to improve the multiple holes this team has. So yeah, they will most likely be shitty next season.

Comment

• ESPN Chicago's Bruce Levine thinks that Josh Johnson may fit for the Cubs. They do have Josh Vitters and Brett Jackson, which would fill the third and center field holes, respectively. Neither are as highly touted as they used to be and the rest of their prospects are meh.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs...medium=twitter
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
        We may be. We may not be. We don't really know. The Marlins shouldn't have the mindset that we're going to be shitty when making moves.

I don't know what those moves are.
        We do know, though.

And I think they should go forward with that attitude, IMO. They should be making moves for 2014 and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
          We do know, though.

And I think they should go forward with that attitude, IMO. They should be making moves for 2014 and beyond.
          I don't agree. We'll see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
            ESPN Chicago's Bruce Levine thinks that Josh Johnson may fit for the Cubs. They do have Josh Vitters and Brett Jackson, which would fill the third and center field holes, respectively. Neither are as highly touted as they used to be and the rest of their prospects are meh.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs...medium=twitter
            Theo is looking to move Garza, I'm not sure that makes sense then adding Johnson. That ain't happening. Cubs aren't going to be buyers just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
              I don't agree. We'll see what happens.
              I mean, how could we be not shitty?

Comment

I mean, how could we be not shitty?
                By being good?

Comment

• I mean, they could be good... this is baseball

Comment

• Try specifics.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    I mean, they could be good... this is baseball
                    Of course. It's far more likely we aren't though.
                    Last edited by Mainge; 10-24-2012, 01:03 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I mean if they add in a starter (Guthrie or someone), a bullpen guy, a center fielder in Upton or Bourne or hell, even Juan Pierre. A third baseman such as Eric Chavez. That would fill the holes.

But they you would still be relying on Stanton, Morrison, Johnson and others to produce and stay healthy all season, which is a big risk. It's a long shot, but it's still possible.

Comment

Try specifics.
                        Having Beinfest make successful offseason moves to fill holes on this team.
                        Last edited by Anonymous; 10-24-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I mean if they add in a starter (Guthrie or someone), a bullpen guy, a center fielder in Upton or Bourne or hell, even Juan Pierre. A third baseman such as Eric Chavez. That would fill the holes.

But they you would still be relying on Stanton, Morrison, Johnson and others to produce and stay healthy all season, which is a big risk. It's a long shot, but it's still possible.
                          Juan Pierre sucks. Chavez is worse than Hanley.
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                          Having Beinfest make successful offseason moved to fill holes on this team.
                          With his magic wand?
                          Last edited by Mainge; 10-24-2012, 01:10 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Chavez hit .281 (298 Vs. RHP) with 16 homeruns. It was only in 278 at-bats, but still, not bad.

Comment

Try specifics.
                              --------------------

Of course. It's far more likely we aren't though.
                              Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                              Juan Pierre sucks. Chavez is worse than Hanley.
                              --------------------

With his magic wand?
                              Did I say it was going to be an easy and simple process?

Comment

Chavez hit .281 (298 Vs. RHP) with 16 homeruns. It was only in 278 at-bats, but still, not bad.
                                First, don't use batting average.

Second, he had a better year than I thought, but he's going to be 35 and we don't have a DH spot to keep him fresh.

I'm not against signing him, because fuck it, but I wouldn't expect much.

Comment

Working...
                                X