Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure they're sold on Ruggiano starting in LF. I still say they sign someone else and at least platoon the two.

Comment

• But Samson thinks he should have made the All-Star team so he must be good.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• They are gonna be looking to move all the veteran money not named Jose Reyes

JJ,Buck,Ricky,Dobbs,Buehrle(Highly doubtful Buehrle is dealt but if we get a young SP arm in return its possible)

Comment

• Why? I don't understand this. We are only a piece or two from being good. Trading JJ and Buehrle at this point would only set us back a few years.

Comment

• We're more than a piece or two away.

Hell, we had those pieces in Anibal, Omar and Hanley, and we sucked.

Comment

• Trading JJ might speed up the process because he isn't getting re-signed and the marlins aren't winning shit next season. So if you can pull 1 or 2 top level specs for JJ then you better do it this winter.

Comment

• I agree with possibly trading JJ, but also getting rid of Buehrle would just really fuck up our rotation. I would like to hang on to Buehrle just to have "stability" at the top and then Turner/Hand/LeBlanc/Sanabia/FA/prospect can figure it out from there. That still could be an atrocious rotation.

Comment

• If we got something good for Buerhle, I wouldn't be against moving him. He's old, making a lot of money, and we're likely going to be shitty for the remainder of his time here that he's good.

Move JJ, dump Ricky, move Buerhle and have a rotation of young guns and let's see who sticks.

Comment

• Good point Mainge.

Comment

• And resist every urge to call up Fernandez, no matter how much ass he's kicking. We're going to be shitty. Let's not waste clock on a losing effort.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind moving JJ, but I would like to keep Buehrle. I don't really agree that we're most likely going to be shitty next season, or the rest of Buehrle's time here. You can still build a playoff team next season if you do things right.

Comment

• But Mainge, he'll be 29 soon...

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                            I wouldn't mind moving JJ, but I would like to keep Buehrle. I don't really agree that we're most likely going to be shitty next season, or the rest of Buehrle's time here. You can still build a playoff team next season if you do things right.
                            Nah, we're going to be shitty almost for sure next season.

But for conversations sake, how would you do it? What is doing things right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                              Nah, we're going to be shitty almost for sure next season.

But for conversations sake, how would you do it? What is doing things right?
                              We may be. We may not be. We don't really know. The Marlins shouldn't have the mindset that we're going to be shitty when making moves.

I don't know what those moves are.

Comment

• I really don't want to sign BJ Upton, even though I think it's inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                                X