Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bo Porter got the Astros job, so we avoided that nightmare of having the worst manager ever.

Comment

• Porter/Altuve combo is sick.

Comment

• Damn. Posted in the MLB thread. Didn't see it talked about in here. Oh well. Mike Lowell will be our next manager anyway.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• and Bo Porter will be our next next manager
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Jim Crane wanted to prove he wasn't a racist.

Comment

• 9. Josh Johnson, RHP, Marlins — Despite some talk out of Florida that the Marlins won’t deal Johnson, who can become a free agent after 2014, the 28-year-old will be trade bait. The Marlins would likely get a boatload back from teams such as Baltimore, Toronto, Boston, Kansas City, Minnesota, Texas, and the Dodgers. The Red Sox were interested at the trade deadline. The 69-win Marlins look as if they’re cleaning house again and they, like Cleveland, could be a good trading partner for the Red Sox.
              When it comes to regrets, these baseball GMs have a few

Comment

• JJ is the #3 or #4 Top SP on the market,as soon as Grienke,Anibal and possibly Lohse/Haren come off the market ALOT of teams will be making a pitch for him.

The Top 3 teams really havent changed and they are Boston/Texas/Toronto/. KC is a wild card team however unless they trade ONE of their young bats(Myers,Hosmer,Moustakos) I doubt we trade him there.

The thing that could put a team over is if they would take either Buck or Bell with JJ in a deal.

But going into the Winter-JJ,Buck,Bell,Nolasco,Dobbs can all be had if they get an offer with JJ as the only 1 we actually want to get nice prospects in return
                Last edited by tjfla; 10-07-2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Kansas City has some awesome prospects. I would be down. The Dodgers, on the other hand, not so much.

Comment

• Few notes

If Boston wants JJ they could make an offer for him with Jacoby Ellsbury. There offer for him will prolly be with prospects but who knows,lets just say Ellsbury is on the market for SP help

Also they was a rumor going around that if KC made an offer for JJ that included Wil Myers that Miami would then try to flip either Myers OR Yelich to Texas for Mike Olt

All in all don't be surprised if JJ is dealt as soon as Greinke and Anibal sign

Comment

• I enjoy things like "Player X could be involved in a trade, but who knows?"

Great insight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        I enjoy things like "Player X could be involved in a trade, but who knows?"

Great insight.
                        How about this?

If KC misses out on Grienke and Anibal,they would make a BIG push for JJ and might offer a package including Wil Myers and other prospects(Sorry not sure exactly who those other "big name" guys are) then IF we did aquire Myers we would then call Texas and see who they prefer(either Myers or Yelich) for Olt

I will get right on those Low Class A prospects from Burlington tho right away.

Comment

• That's better but still not great.

Comment

• Why would we trade Myers? Keeping Myers would solve a big problem for us. Myers played mostly center last year so he could play there and then Yelich could play left. I highly doubt it would happen, but I would do Johnson straight up for Myers at this point. Am outfield of Yelich, Myers and Stanton would be amazing.

Comment

• LOL Kansas City is going to give us Wil Myers+ for JJ.

Suuuuuuureeeee

He must have done a lot to raise his stock from the deadline to now be worth the best outfield prospect in baseball plus other stuff.

Comment

• Never thought they would, just saying I wouldn't flip him to a third team.

Comment

Working...
                                X