X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
    Wait, what?
    Bo Porter (6 seasons as a major league coach, 1 as a minor league coach, 1 as a minor league manager): omfg there's no way he could be good!
    Mike Lowell (0 experience as a coach or manager at any level, is an analyst for MLB Network): fun experiment!

Comment

• Manager: Cliff Floyd
      Hitting Coach: Preston Wilson
      Pitching Coach: Pat Rapp
      Bullpen Coach: Chris Hammond
      1B Coach: Charles Johnson
      3B/Baserunning Coach: Alfredo Amezaga

go for it Luria!!!!!1!!!1!
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Heath Bell will be player/bullpen coach.

Can't move his salary, so save some money on a bullpen coach!

Comment

• I'm way more annoyed with 2012 Heath Bell, Hanley Ramirez, Gaby Sanchez, LoLo etc than I am with 2012 Loria, Beinfest and Guillen. In fact, there's very little to be annoyed about 2012 Loria/Bein/Guillen.

Comment

• Except the fact that they assembled the team you are annoyed with and stuff.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
              Except the fact that they assembled the team you are annoyed with and stuff.
              Because EVERYONE knew on Opening Day this team would perform like the ultimate LOLZ.

Oddsmakers (who have access to advanced models and non public info) had them 8-1 to win the World Series.

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by bell_virus.exe View Post
                Manager: Cliff Floyd
                Hitting Coach: Preston Wilson
                Pitching Coach: Pat Rapp
                Bullpen Coach: Chris Hammond
                1B Coach: Charles Johnson
                3B/Baserunning Coach: Alfredo Amezaga

go for it Luria!!!!!1!!!1!
                I'm sorry, but the bolded would be all kinds of awesome.

Comment

• They assembled the team with players that basically all had higher expectations then they preformed. You can say this team wasn't assembled properly because it was very one dimensional but that does not mean that it would suck. When 85% of your roster significantly underpreforms why should you be the one to be blamed?

And how are you guys even mentioning Girardi getting fired in a negative tone. Yes it probably had more to do with the fact he made Loria mad for yelling at him one day but the guy abused our young players stunting their development and potentially destroying their careers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    I'm way more annoyed with 2012 Heath Bell, Hanley Ramirez, Gaby Sanchez, LoLo etc than I am with 2012 Loria, Beinfest and Guillen. In fact, there's very little to be annoyed about 2012 Loria/Bein/Guillen.
                    Daft, call me.

(agreed)

Comment

• A team that could make a big play for JJ again this offseason is Toronto

There have been reports that they have given Anthopolus the green light to spend cash or absorb contracts(Ahhh gotta love when an owner will spend cash in the off season and shut up the rest of the year) AND they will be looking for a veteran SP.

They were players for JJ during the season however backed off when they began to slide and we started demanding a blockbuster. If we lower the price some they might be players again and who knows,maybe they would take a John Buck contract too??

Comment

• Why would Toronto even come close to Buck? They have a big league catcher now and a prospect who may be even better that isn't too far along.
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          A team that could make a big play for JJ again this offseason is Toronto

There have been reports that they have given Anthopolus the green light to spend cash or absorb contracts(Ahhh gotta love when an owner will spend cash in the off season and shut up the rest of the year) AND they will be looking for a veteran SP.

They were players for JJ during the season however backed off when they began to slide and we started demanding a blockbuster. If we lower the price some they might be players again and who knows,maybe they would take a John Buck contract too??
                          That's not happening. You keep bringing up this Buck to Toronto thing and it makes little sense to me. Is it an actual rumor or are you just speculating with this one?

Comment

• Well, if Miami demands D'Arnaud, Buck and Arencibia could be a pretty ok platoon for 2013 and the Marlins probably eat half or more of Buck's salary?

Could be interesting moving forward as they could position the other catcher at 1B 50 games with Morrison in LF just so both catchers can get to 110+ starts and see if either of them wants to be a longterm catcher.

Still doesn't keep Solano from being a starter but hey, it's not about winning if JJ is traded. It's about waiting for Yelich, Fernandez, Conley, and Loria to approve more payroll.
                            --------------------
                            I have to imagine the Marlins pull the Beckett/Lowell, Cabrera/Willis move if JJ is traded.

JJ comes with Buck, Nolasco, or Bell. Deal with it other franchise.
                            Last edited by lou; 09-25-2012, 02:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Anthopolous has shown no indication that he's willing to trade prospects for short-term solutions in the past. He's constantly saying that guys with one/two years left on their contracts don't have much trade value anymore.

We're not getting D'Arnaud for Josh Johnson.

Comment

• That's great and I don't necessarily disagree with you, but that was not the issue of whether Toronto would trade him.

Also there are always possibilities of extending guys, and JJ would likely come with type a draft pick compensation if he stays healthy for 160+ innings if traded in offseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X