Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Marlins' front office appears to be safe, according to the Miami Herald's Clark Spencer.

Spencer spoke to two sources who said that owner Jeffrey Loria does not plan to make any changes to the front office. That means president Larry Beinfest would keep his job. Beinfest is under contract with the Marlins through the 2015 season.

As CBSSports.com's Jon Heyman originally reported, manager Ozzie Guillen's future has yet to be decided by the team. Loria is planning to meet with the front office after the season to determine Guillen's fate.

Spencer mentions Mike Lowell, Bo Porter and Brad Ausmus as potential replacements for Guillen, but admits none of the three candidates is a serious contender for the job. Sources have told Spencer that Lowell and Porter are not possibilities, and that Ausmus would prefer to stay away from baseball.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ml...-ozzie-guillen

God. Dammit.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I think we ought to stop responding to every article as though it is giving us fact.

Comment

• Aw, Mike Lowell the manager. That would be a fun little experiment (and sadly better than Bo Porter).

Don't understand this fire Ozzie stuff though.

Comment

• I do not understand the "lol bo porter would suck as a manager" meme.
          poop

Comment

• I think the same folks do it every year.

Comment

• I don't really get how anyone would have an opinion on whether someone would be a good manager if that person has not managed ever.
              poop

Comment

• He's not famous for being a good manager.

Comment

• Just to recap:

Things that get you fired: Being mean to Jeffy Loria that one time

Things that do not get you fired: Having a giant off-season spending spree result in last place finish after nearly a decade of putting together underachieving teams
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a lot of the players on the '06 team hate Girardi as well? I seem to recall them badmouthing him after he was fired.

Comment

• If I remember, they hated the authoritarian clubhouse and the mandatory clean shaven look.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                        If I remember, they hated the authoritarian clubhouse and the mandatory clean shaven look.
                        And they played pretty well too. Maybe that's what they need.

Comment

• Maybe, but it probably didn't matter.
                          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                            And they played pretty well too. Maybe that's what they need.
                            Facial hair is inversely proportional to wins. That's why bobbob is a loser.

This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                              That would be a fun little experiment (and sadly better than Bo Porter).
                              Wait, what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                                Facial hair is inversely proportional to wins. That's why bobbob is a loser.

All I do is win win win, no matter what
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X