This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIRC Ozzie wanted the Marlins to get Zambrano and they did

and Gonzalez was absolutely a "yes" man - when did he ever counter anything the FO or Loria did?
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
      The funny thing is that if the team fires Ozzie and hires Bo Porter, everyone is going to hate it and it literally makes no difference.

Managers...who cares?
      Well, I think saying it makes "no" difference is going a bit overboard.

Comment

• So this team would have won 60 games with Bo Porter as manager?

If they fire Ozzie, it's because they are looking for a scapegoat. But I don't think it will have an impact either way on the team's actual performance next season.
        poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          So this team would have won 60 games with Bo Porter as manager?

If they fire Ozzie, it's because they are looking for a scapegoat. But I don't think it will have an impact either way on the team's actual performance next season.
          Nah. This team pretty much sucked regardless. I'm just saying managers do actually do stuff.

Comment

• If they fire Ozzie after 1 season it just reinforces everything everyone already says about the organization.

MICK MOUSE! MICK MOUSE! MICK MOUSE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
              Well, I think saying it makes "no" difference is going a bit overboard.
              A better way to put it would probably be that they make a minimal difference that's difficult to measure.

Like, I think the team would have a similar record with Bo Porter and everyone seems to hate Bo Porter.

Comment

• I can agree with that.

Comment

• The manager has no doing for why we are for where we are. It's the ownership and front office. If that doesn't change nothing will. We will continue to be 4th or 5th in the east every yr. This team needs an ownership that is more about baseball and less about art.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                    If they fire Ozzie after 1 season it just reinforces everything everyone already says about the organization.

Loria should just climb in his spaceship like mick mouse.
                    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by bell_virus.exe View Post
                      IIRC Ozzie wanted the Marlins to get Zambrano and they did

and Gonzalez was absolutely a "yes" man - when did he ever counter anything the FO or Loria did?
                      If Freddie was a YES man he wouldn't have been able to leave so easy.Loria would have done something like the White Sox did with us. He wanted to be in Atlanta and made it well known that he did. Loria's perfect manager is someone who comes to the park/keeps his mouth shut/coaches the players Loria wants and makes Jeff some cash!!! The reason he liked Ozzie at first was he needed a name manager to go his new stadium. The idea was crazy Ozzie comes in and sells seats with a good team that Loria pretty much handpicked

As for Zambrano,if he wasn't almost free u think Loria would have cared if Ozzie wanted him or not. Loria saw a opportunity to get a SP cheap and took it

Comment

• ehe
                        poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                          If they fire Ozzie after 1 season it just reinforces everything everyone already says about the organization.

DON DUCK!

Forever, let us hold our banner high! High! High! High!

This has been one of the most comically run organizations in the sport since the 2006 market correction. We traded just signed Carlos Delgado and Luis Castillo for literally nothing. We still had a surprisingly good season in 2006 and had manager of the year, who was fired because our owner has the maturity of an 12 year old.

Of course we also traded once in the generation hall of famer Miguel Cabrera, again for literally nothing. This saved the Marlins from having to pay Cabrera, but it would later be revealed that the Marlins were making the a hefty profit at the time.

And then we come to 2012 where the Marlins had money to spend thanks to the stadium and had a chance to out together a winning team to open the new ballpark and instead put together a last place team that even hardcore fans lost any interest in months ago. This front office didn't win as a small market team, can't win as one of the higher payroll teams, and has traded some good players for absolutely nothing.
                          Last edited by Chewford; 09-22-2012, 05:33 PM.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• I'm not going to necessarily kill the FO for this year because I think pretty much everyone here thought we would, at the very least, seriously contend for a playoff spot. I think you also have to give them some credit for fielding competitive teams in 2006 and 2008, and I've said in the past that if Nick Johnson doesn't get hurt in 2009, there is a good chance we make the playoffs that year.

That said, there have been a multitude of poor decisions along the way, the whole Cabrera fiasco obviously being at the very top. This offseason will serve as a HUGE litmus test for this organization. They don't even have to make any big moves; they just have to make smart ones.

Comment

• It is hard to blame the FO for this. IMO, most of it is on the players. We had talent. Proven talent at that. They just under achieved.

Comment

• Yeah, it'd be pretty unfair for people to go from saying how good this team would be to talking about how this front office blew it.

Comment

Working...
                                X