This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
    Fire Ozzie, Beinfest, Perez, St.Claire (I want Wiley).

Replace:

Ozzie with... Andre Dawson

Beinfest with Jennings

Perez with Conine/Lowell

St. Claire with Wiley
    Wiley just got a big job with the Rockies so that's not happening.

Also, this is a weird post that likely would result in little to no improvement.
    --------------------
    Originally posted by Big Z View Post
    I don't recall Eddie Perez having any experience doing this before last year..

And I think in the sense of manager, you should get someone who is respected by everyone in the clubhouse and the Hawk is that guy.

Look, a manager who doesn't have control of his clubhouse is not a good manager. You MUST have your team respect you at all times. How the hell do you have guys chilling in the clubhouse while the game is going on? Get the fuck out of the clubhouse and root your guys on til the last out.
    But you want Eduardo Perez fired.

Also, how do you know that Ozzie Guillen doesn't have control of the team?
    How do you know that guys don't leave the dugout to look at video/information on opposing pitchers, hitters, etc.?
    --------------------
    Originally posted by Big Z View Post
    Would you guys trade JJ to fill in some spots (CF or 3B and #4/5 starter) for the next 5 years and sign Greinke with JJ's $?
    I would trade JJ for prospects and then I wouldn't sign Grienke.
    Last edited by Erick; 09-20-2012, 12:45 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
      Not sure I'd consider Greinke an ace.
      I don't consider JJ an ace either.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
        I don't consider JJ an ace either.
        He is when he's healthy (I understand that's a relatively big "if," but still).

Comment

• 138 ERA+ over the last four seasons, in 638 1/3 innings for JJ.

123 ERA+ over the last four seasons, in 813 innings for Greinke.

I'd say it all just about comes out the same, once you account for the replacement-level scrub you have to throw out there for the 50 innings JJ isn't going to pitch.
          poop

Comment

He is when he's healthy (I understand that's a relatively big "if," but still).
            He was healthy this year. Wasn't what should be considered an ace anymore. The JJ we saw 2 years ago is most likely gone.

Comment

He was healthy this year. Wasn't what should be considered an ace anymore. The JJ we saw 2 years ago is most likely gone.
              Which is why he's still here, because we didn't get the value we wanted to receive for him.

It's going to be an interesting off-season to say the least.

Comment

• I'm hoping he gets moved.

Comment

• I'm hoping Nolasco gets moved, along with Buck. That alone will make for a happy off-season. I wouldn't mind trading JJ because I know that he is probably not signing here next year (2014) anyways.

Comment

I think we should give it another year before we declare prime JJ gone. He still has a 3.34 FIP this season, so I think there is a good chance his less-than-stellar season can be chalked up to just a rocky start due to rust. We'll see, though.

Comment

• If he goes back to ace JJ next year, it's not as if we'll be able to re-sign him, anyway.

Comment

• Why wouldn't we be able to re-sign him? I'd like to think the organizational culture is a bit different now.

Comment

• Big Z, you may have to find another pitching coach. I read something the other day about him getting a position with another organization. I'll see if I can find it.

Comment

Why wouldn't we be able to re-sign him? I'd like to think the organizational culture is a bit different now.
                            The better question might be, why would we want to sign him?

If he pitches like an ace in his contract year, I still wouldn't want to pay ace money on a long-term contract to a guy who's going to be north of 30 in age/has had durability issues throughout his career. I just don't see how that's a wise investment.
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by mbitcronod12 View Post
                            Big Z, you may have to find another pitching coach. I read something the other day about him getting a position with another organization. I'll see if I can find it.
                            He's the Rockies new director of pitching. He is basically the Rockies pitching GM now.
                            Last edited by Erick; 09-20-2012, 02:08 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                              He's the Rockies new director of pitching. He is basically the Rockies pitching GM now.
                              That's it. Thanks. I knew it was a high position like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                The better question might be, why would we want to sign him?

If he pitches like an ace in his contract year, I still wouldn't want to pay ace money on a long-term contract to a guy who's going to be north of 30 in age/has had durability issues throughout his career. I just don't see how that's a wise investment.
                                --------------------

Pretty sure he was being considered. It wasn't a done deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X