No announcement yet.

Former Marlins Since the Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone in that thread already told you why your points in that thread were silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
      A lot of his value has come from his defensive play which is probably sustainable.

Sure, he's not this good of a hitter, but he's also probably not as bad as he was in the minors this year.

I certainly think he can put up a 2 WAR next year. Since we just talked about Gaby Sanchez, I don't think it's silly to think that Dominguez can put up Gaby Sanchez-like power #'s with very good defense at 3B.

Is Youkilis a better player? Sure. They're not going to be getting the same amount of money, though. Some team is going to overpay for Kevin Youkilis. The difference between the two is not worth the overpayment. We're not talking about Kevin Youkilis in his prime anymore.
      It's not silly to think he can put up good enough numbers to be a valuable player. I just don't expect him to. I think it's very unlikely.
      Last edited by Anonymous; 09-15-2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
        Everyone in that thread already told you why your points in that thread were silly.
        They really didn't.
        But I suppose that's what you say when you have nothing else to say.

Seriously...why don't you go make fun of mk7's avatar again? You haven't made fun of me for the whole Chris Coghlan catch thing in awhile. You're slacking recently.
        --------------------
        Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
        It's not silly to think he can put up good enough numbers to be a valuable player. I just don't expect him to. I thonl it's very unlikely.
        Fair enough.
        Last edited by Erick; 09-15-2012, 04:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I high roaded you.

Comment

Cool.

I was going to ask how everyone in that thread proved my points were silly, but it's probably not worth seeing your stupid reasoning.

Comment

They really didn't.
              But I suppose that's what you say when you have nothing else to say.

Seriously...why don't you go make fun of mk7's avatar again? You haven't made fun of me for the whole Chris Coghlan catch thing in awhile. You're slacking recently.
              Bobbob said you were being dumb.

Swift disagreed.

MH and I told you why being upset over trading 2 of the top 10 prospects was silly just because they were two shitty prospects of a shitty top 10.

Then Swift disagreed with you again.

Then Bucklin disagreed with you. Then Bucklin called you an idiot.

Then Bobbob responded to you:

I dislike when an opinion can be expressed in a reasonable manner, but the person expressing it decides to express it in an unreasonable, exagerrated manner for some reason.
              Then fauowls also said it can't hurt because we gave up nothing.

Fritz said Bass to Trout and agreed that Carlos Lee is the best

McLevin called it an upgrade

mk7 called it an upgrade

McLevin said you might be awfully dense

The last quarter of the posts in the thread were about Todd not eating a frog.

Comment

I skipped the past couple pages but:

I don't think anyone is judging Dominguez off what he's done for HOU so far, that'd be dumb.

My problem is that Carlos Lee sucks and shouldn't even be starting for any team.

Will Matt Dominguez likely become a starter? No. But he is depth, something we lack and have always lacked in this franchise. Depth is a good thing. That's part of what makes TB so good is their incredible depth. And there still are promising things about Dominguez (His great defense and the fact he's so young for his league); No, he is not the prospect he once was and expectations should drop considerably. But he's a 22 year old in AAA. Again because people will warp it to be me giving him a pass: I'm not. But a 22 year old struggling in AAA != a, say, 25 year old struggling in AAA. Context matters. His stock dropped considerably but not to the point of him being nothing (Probably a C+ prospect at this point). At this point expectations should be about mid to low-600 OPS with great defense...not what you want starting, but not bad to have as depth in the minors with how much he brings with his glove. Only focusing on starters is bad, you need depth, you need a bench, you need guys in AAA not named Nick Green and Gil Vazquez that you can call up when shit happens because shit does happen.

Yes, I'd rather have a AAA depth 3b that still has a tiny bit of promise solely because of his age rather than Carlos Lee, who's a negative in hitting, massive negative in fielding, and massive negative in running.

Comment

Bobbob said you were being dumb.

Swift disagreed.

MH and I told you why being upset over trading 2 of the top 10 prospects was silly just because they were two shitty prospects of a shitty top 10.

Then Swift disagreed with you again.

Then Bucklin disagreed with you. Then Bucklin called you an idiot.

Then Bobbob responded to you:

Well, this PROVES everything. If they said it, it must be true. Any facts included?

Is that the same Bobbob who said: "For Matt Dominguez and Rasmussen because lol u no?" in that thread?

Comment

I gave you the Cliffs Notes.

I think the last time I gave you details about why you were being silly you called me and bobbob gays and said you hope we both die.

Comment

I gave you the Cliffs Notes.

I think the last time I gave you details about why you were being silly you called me and bobbob gays and said you hope we both die.
                      Cliff Notes proving nothing.

And that is not what happened, but it's not surprising that you bring that up.

Comment

I think you are both getting way too butthurt over a bunch of moves that overall are fairly irrelevant.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Not really.
                          Burden of proof is on you.

Explain why the Marlins were more sellers than buyers when they acquired Carlos Lee.

Be specific.
                          --------------------
                          They gave up nothing for the possibility of things working out for one year.
                          Agreed. It was a last ditch effort to salvage a high payroll season that was on the brink of working it's way out of contention.

Erick, you have an enormous thick skull if you think the Marlins were out of playoff contention when they acquired Carlos Lee.

One look at the 2012 Phillies will tell you that the 2012 Marlins were not out of it at the deadline.
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by nny View Post

I don't think anyone is judging Dominguez off what he's done for HOU so far

I think it's dumb to say this
                          Last edited by Namaste; 09-16-2012, 12:08 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

We were obviously not out of it, mathematically speaking.

I mentioned our terrible run differential as a reason to not be excited about the team moving forward. Say what you want about the statistic, but very rarely do you get a team like the Orioles succeeding despite a poor run differential (a differential that's not nearly as bad as ours).

The team is usually pretty bad when you've been outscored by about 100 runs (I forgot what the # was at the time of the trade, but it was still one of the worst in baseball).

The fact that we were only just a couple of games under .500 showed that we were rather fortunate at that point.

And sure, run differentials can improve because teams can improve over the course of the year; however, acquiring Carlos Lee doesn't improve anything. That was the problem. If we had acquired a good player, I probably would've liked it. Instead, we gave up on a young player for nothing.
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by nny View Post
                            I skipped the past couple pages but:

I don't think anyone is judging Dominguez off what he's done for HOU so far, that'd be dumb.

My problem is that Carlos Lee sucks and shouldn't even be starting for any team.

Will Matt Dominguez likely become a starter? No. But he is depth, something we lack and have always lacked in this franchise. Depth is a good thing. That's part of what makes TB so good is their incredible depth. And there still are promising things about Dominguez (His great defense and the fact he's so young for his league); No, he is not the prospect he once was and expectations should drop considerably. But he's a 22 year old in AAA. Again because people will warp it to be me giving him a pass: I'm not. But a 22 year old struggling in AAA != a, say, 25 year old struggling in AAA. Context matters. His stock dropped considerably but not to the point of him being nothing (Probably a C+ prospect at this point). At this point expectations should be about mid to low-600 OPS with great defense...not what you want starting, but not bad to have as depth in the minors with how much he brings with his glove. Only focusing on starters is bad, you need depth, you need a bench, you need guys in AAA not named Nick Green and Gil Vazquez that you can call up when shit happens because shit does happen.

Yes, I'd rather have a AAA depth 3b that still has a tiny bit of promise solely because of his age rather than Carlos Lee, who's a negative in hitting, massive negative in fielding, and massive negative in running.
                            Perhaps this post makes more sense than anything that I can possibly say. It sums up the way I feel about the deal pretty nicely, as well.
                            Last edited by Erick; 09-16-2012, 12:15 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

We were obviously not out of it, mathematically speaking.

I mentioned our terrible run differential as a reason to not be excited about the team moving forward. Say what you want about the statistic, but very rarely do you get a team like the Orioles succeeding despite a poor run differential (a differential that's not nearly as bad as ours).

The team is usually pretty bad when you've been outscored by about 100 runs (I forgot what the # was at the time of the trade, but it was still one of the worst in baseball).

The fact that we were only just a couple of games under .500 showed that we were rather fortunate at that point.

And sure, run differentials can improve because teams can improve over the course of the year; however, acquiring Carlos Lee doesn't improve anything. That was the problem. If we had acquired a good player, I probably would've liked it. Instead, we gave up on a young player for nothing.
                              --------------------

Perhaps this post makes more sense than anything than I can possibly say. It sums up the way I feel about the deal pretty nicely, as well.

This was a much better answer than I was anticipating.

Well played, Erick.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                                I think you are both getting way too butthurt over a bunch of moves that overall are fairly irrelevant.
                                This is a funny post considering what you did in the 2013 thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X