This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Lee 2012: He Might Be Back For More

NEW YORK -- There’s an outside chance Carlos Lee could turn out to be more than just a second-half “rental” for the Marlins.

Lee is not only happy with the Marlins, but a source said his agent has spoken to the team about a possible return.

“I like this team,” Lee said. “I don’t know what their plans are, but I like it here.”

The 36-year-old first baseman is set to become a free agent after the season, and the Marlins are giving strong consideration to moving Logan Morrison to first base.

But Lee has produced exactly as the Marlins envisioned when they acquired him in a July 4 trade with Houston.

Since joining the Marlins, Lee has hit .469 (15 for 32) with runners in scoring position.

His 22 RBI since the All-Star break is the fourth-highest total in the National League.

Given that the Marlins rank 29th in the majors with a .232 team average with runners in scoring position, Lee fills a desperate need.

“It’s a lot more fun when you’ve got opportunities like you’ve got here,” Lee said.

“It’s exciting to have guys in front of you, getting on base, stealing bases and creating opportunities.”
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/0...#storylink=cpy
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

.469 with RISP

Almost as good as Hanley

/a thing

Comment

pretty sure Hanley's OPS wasn't even .469 with RISP

/continues a thing
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
      X