X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha he really is

what a mook

Comment

So Zach Lee isn't a part of this deal? Could he be that minor leaguer to be named later?

If not, they basically spoon fed Hanley and a LOOGY to the Dodgers.

Comment

mibs, it's afternoon.

Who the fuck did we get for Hanley? What the fuck? I'm kinda not satisfied.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I actually can't wait to see everyone else's reactions when they wake up to this tomorrow morning.

Comment

Eovaldi was #96 in the 2012 Top 100 Prospects, 70 in MLB.com's, 79 in Keith Law's

honestly, if LA is picking up the whole contract, I really don't know what people thought we were gonna get for him
            --------------------
            Eovaldi also fits the 2013 mold perfectly as he's already thrown 91 innings in the majors (he's 22) and hasn't been totally over his head.
            Last edited by HUGG; 07-25-2012, 01:53 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Scott McGough is the minor leaguer. Anyone got anything on him?

Comment

Rumored that righty Scott McGough is the second player. A 6-foot reliever who is having an eh season in High-A.
                --------------------
                He wasn't on the Dodgers' top 30.
                Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-25-2012, 01:54 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

One of the weirdest sell low trades in recent memory.
                  Christian Yelich
                  LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                  12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                  100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                  .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

I think Eovaldi is probably a decent starting point, but if McGoigh is all that is left that's pretty blah.
                    poop

Comment

• He was a reliever in college also, drafted in the 5th round in 2011.

Comment

• Other prospect is Scott Mcough...

Comment

• I just can't judge this trade yet. This is the classic wait and see trade.

Because if the Dodgers pay Hanley $31 million the next 2 seasons and he keeps being a .750 OPS guy, we win the trade simply by not doing that. And if Eovaldi becomes a solid member of the rotation, we really win the trade.

Of course, if we don't reinvest the money then that becomes a moot point.
                          --------------------
                          Plus, now we're not getting Carl Crawford.
                          Last edited by HUGG; 07-25-2012, 01:58 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I don't know. I think we could have gotten more. And if this was the best, I would have kept him and traded him at a later point.

Comment

• We are paying none of Hanley's contract.

So, Greg Dobbs is our third baseman?
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• So Hanley goes from being called the face of the franchise at the beginning of the season by Ozzie, to being traded for the #2 and...well, John Sickels didn't even rank McGough among the team's top 20 prospects.

And why was Choate necessary? Hanley Ramirez himself couldn't have gotten this deal done. People are really THAT afraid of a two year deal moving forward? Jesus.

I mean Hanley could continue to perform like he has, and the trade is a win. But as I'm sitting here right now, I would've rather held onto him and hoped for him to turn it around. It currently reeks of a salary dump, with the team using "attitude" issues that have been present with Hanley for six years as a disguise.

Comment

Working...
                                X