No announcement yet.

Hanley Ramirez and Choate Traded to Dodgers for Eovaldi and Minor Leaguer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griffin would be nice. He has had a good season. Could be a 3-5 guy, maybe a Brad Penny? Thoughts?
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I get the joke, because Hamilton is fast, but he's also pretty good.
      poop

Comment

@Ken_Rosenthal: RT @jonmorosi: BREAKING NEWS: #Dodgers agree on trade to acquire Hanley Ramirez from #Marlins, sources tell @Ken_Rosenthal and me. @MLBONFOX
        interesting

Comment

Nate Eovaldi and a minor leaguer

and we gave up Choate too

Tim Brown ‏@TBrownYahoo
          Source: Dodgers have acquired Hanley Ramirez and Choate from Marlins for Eovaldi and a minor leaguer. Game changes in LA. Marlins selling.
          we better not be paying 1 dime of the remaining contract with that return

Comment

Strange to see trades breaking at 2:30 am ET.

I know nothing about Eovaldi. Is he really that good to get both Hanley and Choate?

Comment

No.

Comment

I didn't think so since I've never heard of him.

Comment

He's going to be a solid major league starting pitcher. But he's not a front line guy or anything.

I hope this "minor leaguer" is someone significant, but I doubt it.
                  --------------------
                  Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
                  Loria: "We had to do something. The machine was sputtering. It's too good a baseball team and for some reason it . . . #Marlins #Dodgers

didn't seem to be operating on all cylinders from the beginning of the season."
                  we traded Hanley Ramirez at 2:30 in the morning
                  Last edited by HUGG; 07-25-2012, 01:45 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

All I have to say after this deal is uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Are you kidding me?

Comment

Loria on Hanley: "It's no secret I love the kid. He needs to have a fresh beginning, a new beginning. MORE #Marlins #Dodgers

"This is a very painful moment for me. But we had to do something." #Marlins #Dodgers
                      weee

Comment

They hated his guts.

Comment

I'll have all I have to say after this deal... After this deal, you know? I'm not gonna react just yet.
                          poop

Comment

Here's BA's assessment of Eovaldi prior to this season. He was ranked as the Dodgers' 3rd best prospect:

Eovaldi fell to the 11th round of hte 2008 draft because he had Tommy John surgery as a high school junior and made a strong commitment to Texas A&M. The Dodgers weren't scared off and signed him for $250,000. After a solid but unspectacular start to his pro career, he took off in 2011, dominating Double-A and making his big league debut at age 21. Eovaldi has a power arsenal, led by a heater that works at 94-98 mph with good downhill angle and occasional late life. His fastball touched triple digits when he came out of the bullpen in the majors. He has a wrist wrap in his arm action that has led to inconsistency, but he did a better job in 2011 staying over the rubber longer and allowing his arm to clear, helping his fastball command. Eovaldi ditched his curveball after 2010 and developed a 85-91 mph slider that's a plus pitch with tilt and late movement at its best. His changeup is fringy but good enough to keep hitters honest. His key going forward will be to throw more strikes. Some scouts believe Eovaldi fits best as a two-pitch, late-inning reliever, but Los Angeles will keep him a starter. He'll vie for a spot in the big league rotation this spring.

Comment

This is actually kinda funny. Who trades players in the middle of the night? 2:30 am? Seriously? And a fairly significant, well known player at that.

Comment

Joe Sheehan calling for the franchise to be contracted! Whee!
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X