• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a fan of Zach Lee either.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
      From the USA Today regarding Hanley:
      I wonder what made them go from loving Hanley to wanting him gone so fast.

Comment

Tommy was not speaking highly of his Hanlitude.
        There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Also from same article:

The Marlins also have been bitterly disappointed in their leadership, thinking it should come from their players and not solely from the manager's office.
          It has left the Marlins with no choice but to overhaul their dynamics and repair the wreckage.
          This is why they want Red Sox left fielder Carl Crawford but not the remainder of his $102.5 million contract. They are convinced he could be their clubhouse leader. The Marlins discussed a week ago sending Ramirez and Bell to the Red Sox for Crawford, and they haven't given up on landing the four-time All-Star.

Comment

They want Crawford for leadership?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
              This is why they want Red Sox left fielder Carl Crawford but not the remainder of his $102.5 million contract. They are convinced he could be their clubhouse leader.
              I joined just to say this makes me want to cry. Our FO should be better than to use this type of reasoning.

Comment

We can always bring back Wes Helms.

Comment

Welcome ochre, and I couldn't agree more. I hate the clubhouse chemistry crap. Winning creates clubhouse chemistry.
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I need to post the rest of that USA Today article to keep the Crawford out of my mind

But most of the attention Tuesday was focused on the A's, who badly needs a shortstop to replace .197-hitting Cliff Pennington. General manager Billy Beane, who watched his team win 14 of 16 games this month, loves a good gamble and great athletes. Ramirez, owed $30.5 million in 2013 and '14, would be perfect, especially if the Marlins picked up a portion of that salary.
                    The way the A's envision it, even if Ramirez doesn't help them gain a postseason berth this year, they would have the option of keeping him or trading him again this winter. They have depth in prospects, plenty of room in their payroll, and vacant seats to fill if Ramirez can keep them in contention.
                    --------------------
                    I think the Marlins should get one of their top SP prospects and 2 other good secondary guys, and pay Oakland his 2012 salary (roughly $5 million). You deal with 2013-14 Billy. That's your gamble. That is so worth it to the Marlins to get him off payroll.
                    Last edited by lou; 07-24-2012, 11:28 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

"Let's face it: We're not winning as it is,'' Marlins President Larry Beinfest told news reporters Monday. "So we might as well try something else."
                      I both love and hate that quote.

Comment

The A's would be unlikely to move a star young pitcher such as Jarrod Parker or Tommy Milone, but A.J. Griffin, Wednesday's starter, could be available, as could Triple-A Sacramento right-hander Dan Straily, who leads all of baseball in strikeouts. A's general manager Billy Beane was at Straily's start Monday.

Other young starters Oakland could move include Brad Peacock, obtained in the Gio Gonzalez deal, Graham Godfrey or Tyson Ross. The A's also have relievers that could draw interest, although the team is not expected to part with rookie closer Ryan Cook or left-hander Sean Doolittle.
                        http://www.sfgate.com/athletics/arti...et-3732288.php
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Straily intrigues the shit out of me. I had never even heard his name before this season.

Comment

Never heard of him. His numbers look great. BA didn't include him in their Top 30 (which doesn't mean anything.)
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Holy shit are the A's are loaded with pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                                Straily intrigues the shit out of me. I had never even heard his name before this season.
                                I agree. I think the Marlins will probably ask for two of Straily, Griffin and Peacock and be content.

Comment

Working...
                                X