Marlins Lose, Frustration Approaching Critical Mass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Lose, Frustration Approaching Critical Mass

Let's be honest boys, it was on the road against the Pirates.
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

Originally posted by Omar View Post
    Let's be honest boys.
    Due to the missing comma, I like reading this as the stern warning of a school marm type.
    poop

Comment

The 2012 Miami Marlins: Hey, at least we're not the '62 New York Mets!

Comment

I will be wearing a bag over my head tomorrow night. Section 24, row 13. Watch me.

Comment

That's one section over and one row behind from us!

Comment

Look for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Anibal Sanchez
              “Trade or not, contract or not, I don’t have to feel bad with the team. This is part of the business. I’m very, very appreciative of the team and the opportunity they gave me, bringing me from Boston and putting me in the big leagues. They’ve been very patient with me. Whether they trade me or not, I’ll always be thankful with all these people who’ve treated me well...[Monday] I have to get to the ballpark early like always, prepare myself. I don’t have to think about something I can’t control. We have a lot of work to do here to be worrying about if they trade me.”
              Doesn't sound like he harbors much hostility from the whole situation with the grievance. I remember some being worried about that a few years back, but he seems appreciative.
              poop

Comment

yeah I think I was worried even more recently about it. That's good, although I still think they either trade him or let him walk and take the comp
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Those are the most likely outcomes to be certain, if only because his price tag might end up not being worth it for the team. If Hamels and Greinke are off the market (And they might be), it's possible he ends up being the top pitcher this offseason.
                  poop

Comment

Not sure if it's been brought up, but his trade value might be lower than usual since we're the only ones eligible to receive his comp pick
                    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                    - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
                      Not sure if it's been brought up, but his trade value might be lower than usual since we're the only ones eligible to receive his comp pick
                      That goes for every pitcher on the market, though. If he's the best pitcher available at the deadline, the Marlins would still get value.
                      poop

Comment

Ever since the new CBA I have been worried/curious about this factor with trading. I have wondered how it will effect teams unloading the farm for a rental if they get left empty handed.
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by tr305 View Post
                          I will be wearing a bag over my head tomorrow night. Section 24, row 13. Watch me.
                          I planted the seed which led to this.

You're welcome, world.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                            Ever since the new CBA I have been worried/curious about this factor with trading. I have wondered how it will effect teams unloading the farm for a rental if they get left empty handed.
                            I think the days of 3 nice pieces are over, but I can't imagine a guy like Anibal doesn't get 1 nice piece (say top 40-75 overall prospect in baseball) and 1-2 other moderate pieces, like relievers, 5th SP prospects, and cost controlled platoon bats.
                            --------------------
                            I also think the Marlins "competitive balance" draft pick is big in this regards. The Marlins can send over that draft pick with Anibal and it's just like old times.
                            Last edited by lou; 07-22-2012, 09:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                            X