No announcement yet.

2009 Marlins Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need to make a move for the sake of making a move.

I mean, who's out there that we won't have to give away a big piece of the future for?

Comment

Yeah of the people available, I don't see us making any deals. Either they can't help us or they would cost too much.

Comment

Gotta suck for Mike Hill to be the GM and still have no say on this team lol

Comment

Not a weird rumor but hearing WAIT FOR IT

Jeremy Hermida to Cincy for a pitcher

Comment

Harang? Arroyo?

Comment

Either Harang or Arroyo I am hearing. We still like Pavano too. But Cincy would do a deal with Hermida as other teams want prospects

Of course Harang would cost more tho

Comment

Arroyo would suck

Harang would be cool if it's not much more than hermida
                --------------------
                actually would be a lot more than cool

I like harang
                --------------------
                # 4 years/$36.5M (2007-10), plus 2011 club option

* re-signed by Cincinnati 2/07 (avoided arbitration, $5.5M-$4.25M)
                * 07:$4.25M, 08:$6.75M, 09:$11M, 10:$12.5M, 11:$12.75M ($2M buyout)
                * 2011 option increases to $13M with 210 IP in 2010
                * if traded, 2011 option becomes mutual option at $14M ($2.5M buyout)

lol n/m at harang
                --------------------
                # 2 years/$25M (2009-10), plus 2011 club option

* signed extension with Cincinnati 2/07
                * $2.5M signing bonus (paid 2008)

* 09:$9.5M, 10:$11M, 11:$11M club option ($2M buyout)
                * 2011 option may increase to $13M based on IP
                * agreed to give up 2008 performance bonuses as part of deal

uhhhh major n/m arroyo? 11m to a guy who sucks?
                Last edited by nny; 07-27-2009, 02:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Talked to buddy and says we are BUYERS but the market is waiting to see what the Blue jays get for Halladay.

Teams don't wanna sell low and wanna see how much they get for Halladay.

We are looking for a SP,a setup arm if not to expensive and a bat who can play OF or 3B.

Names Heard
                  Pitchers Carl Pavano,Aaron Harang,Bronson Arroyo,David Aardsma,George Sherrill,John Grabow and Arthur Rhodes(Yes same guy we could have resgined last year and didn't)

Hitters Andy Laroche,Freddy Sanchez,Russell Branyan,Ty Wigginton

Guys we are using as chips
                  Jeremy Hermida,Gaby Sanchez,prospects with Baltimore and Pitt asking for packages built around Chris Coghlan and Seattle and Cincy asking for packages built around Jeremy Hermida

A name that is popping up is Ryan Tucker,seems we are trying to use him in alot of deals
                  --------------------
                  Well I think with the Harang or Arroyo deals Cincy would be throwing in cash too.
                  Last edited by tjfla; 07-27-2009, 03:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Morrison/Tucker/RVH/Coghlan for Halladay

Please?
                    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                    - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Sub Zero View Post
                      Morrison/Tucker/RVH/Coghlan for Halladay

Please?
                      Never happen Logan Morrison and Stanton are OFF limits

Comment

I may sound like a broken record here, but Actual Talent > Prospective Talent. You don't just have Roy Halladay available every year, and you have no MLB track record on a guy like Morrison to prove he's going to hit. Prospects fail to pan out all the time while you know what you're getting with Halladay.

Man up and make the damn move. It's not entirely relevant, but we had two big time hitters in 2003 (Stokes and Gonzalez). We dealt one of them for Urbina and ended up lifting the WS trophy. I don't think anyone regrets that deal - and it was for a reliever, not a top of the line starter. And, well, what do you know - one of the two didn't pan out. Make the damn move!
                        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                        - Daft

Comment

I may sound like a broken record here, but Actual Talent > Prospective Talent. You don't just have Roy Halladay available every year, and you have no MLB track record on a guy like Morrison to prove he's going to hit. Prospects fail to pan out all the time while you know what you're getting with Halladay.

Man up and make the damn move. It's not entirely relevant, but we had two big time hitters in 2003 (Stokes and Gonzalez). We dealt one of them for Urbina and ended up lifting the WS trophy. I don't think anyone regrets that deal - and it was for a reliever, not a top of the line starter. And, well, what do you know - one of the two didn't pan out. Make the damn move!
                          See, I don't mind this kind of thinking. I don't like when people say things like "Make it happen!!!!" but will then get pissed when you actually give up what it takes to make it happen. I like your stance, as it is fair. Certainly, a lot of people would be upset, a lot of people would wait to decide whether or not they are upset based on how everything ends up playing out and other people would change their opinion of a move unless we win the World Series and whoever we trade sucks forever

Comment

I think it's unfair to say we won in 2003 because of the trade. As you say, it was just a reliever.

Comment

I agree with u but it would probably be Morrison/West/Coghlan who they want and Halladay would be a 1 and half year rental. Unlike the Phillies,we don't offer arbitration to any guys,we don't draft guys who have fallen based on signing or make big FA signings. The Phillies could make a Happ/Drabek/Brown deal and next year take a pitcher at #25 who fell because he wanted 4 million and he is a replacement for Drabek.

If the same guy fell to us at #18 we would pass.Example the kid that St Louis got is better than Chad James but cost more. Sh*t we wont even pay James another $100,000 to make his daddy happy.

Sad fact is we won't and don't pay anyone and only are a develop and trade team at this point

Comment

Arroyo no longer tomorrow's probable starter

*ends self*

Comment

Working...
                                X