2009 Marlins Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    They aren't Arthur Rhodes is bright enough to ask for a 2 year deal and Cincy is stupid enough to offer him it because they thought they were a playoff team
    Can't really call them stupid when the are going to recieve something in return for him and likely not eat any salary.
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• I was being sarcasmastic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
        Can't really call them stupid when the are going to recieve something in return for him and likely not eat any salary.
        Ya because they got lucky. If Rhodes was stinking it up the only way to get rid of him would be to throw in cash

If Rhodes is 0-4 6.45ERA u think teams are gonna be calling for him?

Comment

• They signed Rhodes with the idea that he would pitch well probably, that's what they had in mind when they chose to pay him monies

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
            They signed Rhodes with the idea that he would pitch well probably, that's what they had in mind when they chose to pay him monies
            Of course they did I was just saying what if. They thought they had a playoff team and now they are trying to trade everything

Comment

• When I reset everything on my firefox I lost saved passwords so I don't have my brother's insider login but someone who does check this out.

Posted Image
              STARK: The Marlins' Halladay run
              ESPN.com's Jayson Stark notes that, as usual, at trade deadline time the Marlins are always full of surprises, and in the case of this...
              http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/featu...tures%2frumors

Comment

• MH beat me to it
                Last edited by Fish and Chips; 07-30-2009, 10:42 AM.
                Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                Tom Koehler(4-0)
                AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• If Doc Halladay really did wonders fo AJ, Imagine pairing him up witj JJ, Ricky and Volstad for a year and a half.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

Comment

• I hate ESPN insider and their lies...

"Or at least an attempted run. Stark says the Marlins made their pitch for the Toronto ace, but the conversation ended when Toronto asked for a package led by outfielder Cameron Maybin and teenage masher Michael Stanton."
                    --------------------
                    Cantu would have to move to third and unless we are including CC in the deal that sends Boner to the bench.
                    Last edited by MiamiHomer; 07-30-2009, 11:07 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Someone send up the tjflasignal!
                      poop

Comment

• I finally got my brother's insider account and was looking at the Marlins rumors and this is to add to what tj told us about the reds.

The Marlins also were poking around Wednesday on possible deals for outfield bats, according to clubs that spoke with them. One name they kicked around: Cincinnati's Jonny Gomes, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports.

Comment

• Gomes eh? So much for speed and defense.

Comment

• I got a fip/boni kinda love for gomes. I want him here.
                            - Michael Johnson

Comment

• Bell, A-Gon and Pavano and we could call it a day.

Comment

• Could we poach Bannister from KC?

Comment

Working...
                                X