Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks tj.

Comment

• Yep what I think is gonna happen is if Pitt stays on there Chris Coghlan thing it is Hermida to Cincy and then us making a deal with Pitt for just Laroche

If Pitt says ok Jeremy Hermida,RVH and a prospect then we get Grabow and Laroche

Comment

• So it looks like Herms is a goner?

Comment

• Hermida for Rhodes??

No thank you. I couldnt imagine them throwing in a prospect that would make that worthwhile.

Comment

• Ehe Hermida for half a season of Arthur would be funny

Comment

• Well it looks like Freddy Sanchez was just traded to SF.

5:51pm: Kovacevic is reporting that the minor leaguer is AA pitcher Tim Alderson. This is an impressive haul for Sanchez--Alderson was ranked the #4 prospect in the Giants' system.
              Last edited by MiamiHomer; 07-29-2009, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• With the way Miller and West are pitching right now, we can't really afford to give up RVH. We already have extremely limited, decent options for the already vacant 5th starter spot. Having to fill two would be a big worry for me.

I'm really thinking we need to push for a starter. Right now, I think we're relying on Anibal being able to come back when he is eligible to return on the 6th. He has already started rehab and makes his next start on Saturday. I'm just concerned that, with his injury history, we need the depth at that position which is questionable right now.

Comment

• Even if Anibal does come back and can stay healthy for more than 3 starts, I don't think he's going to be particularly effective or even go late in games. I think the need to acquire a starter is pretty prevalent, if we are indeed buyers at this juncture.

Comment

• if freddy got traded for Aldersen I'm going to rage
                    --------------------
                    not as hard as any SF fan though lol
                    Last edited by nny; 07-29-2009, 06:13 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                      if freddy got traded for Aldersen I'm going to rage
                      --------------------
                      Pirates making some nice moves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
                        Ehe Hermida for half a season of Arthur would be funny
                        Rhodes is under contract for 2010 at $2 mil.

Doesn't mean it's a great trade, but it would be 1.5 years, not just half a season. Assuming Rhodes isn't dealt in the offseason, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                          if freddy got traded for Aldersen I'm going to rage
                          --------------------
                          Coghlan for Aldersen!!!!!!

Man I'm glad I'm not a SF fan. Garko and F. Sanchez for two really nice SP prospects. What a LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                            Rhodes is under contract for 2010 at $2 mil.

Doesn't mean it's a great trade, but it would be 1.5 years, not just half a season. Assuming Rhodes isn't dealt in the offseason, of course.
                            Ah, didn't realize Cincy was bright enough to go 2 years on a 40 year old reliever. Kudos.

Comment

• /random but it'd have been cool if we got Raburn in the Cabrera deal

he's not awesome and he's old but he'd atleast given us some 3b depth

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
                                Ah, didn't realize Cincy was bright enough to go 2 years on a 40 year old reliever. Kudos.
                                They aren't Arthur Rhodes is bright enough to ask for a 2 year deal and Cincy is stupid enough to offer him it because they thought they were a playoff team

Comment

Working...
                                X