The July 21, 2012 Post Game Thread: Marlins Lose, No One Notices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: The July 21, 2012 Post Game Thread: Marlins Lose, No One Notices

It's gonna be an ugly rest of the second half. Perhaps it's time to find some boys to sell.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

100 losses this year?

Comment

Probably not.
      --------------------
      We would have to go 18-50 from here on out to lose 100 games.
      --------------------
      That would require us to play at the pace of the worst team in major-league history for the remainder of the season.
      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 07-21-2012, 10:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      poop

Comment

We'll probably lose 90 games again.

Comment

If you just adjust our torrid May to a .600 winning percentage, we're at our Pythag record exactly (40-54), a .425 W%.

If you take a .425 W% over our remaining schedule (we presently have a .468 W%), we end the year 73-89.

So 90 losses is definitely in play.

Comment

In a stretch of games where the Marlins were forced to prove they were buyers rather than sellers, they sh*t the bed.

At this point, I think 99% of the roster should be available at the deadline. Only the obvious players are except. Hanley is expendable right now. I don't think JJ is really available, but we should listen to talks regardless. Mainly, the key guys that we should be listening to for offers at the break are Anibal, Nolasco, Infante, and Choate, with Sanchez being the most likely to be traded. Given the lack of pitching talent that will be available at the deadline if Greinke and Hamels get their extensions done, we should get more in a trade offer for Sanchez than he'd merit at the end of the season. I obviously value Sanchez highly, but I think we could get a great deal for him if he's one of the top four SP's at the deadline.

Comment

Scorched Earth is not the way to go, but you absolutely need to open up the back end of the rotation for tweaking, be it in-house (unlikely) or through free-agency (dubious).

Comment

This is so depressing guys. Honestly. WTF happened.

Comment

Regression, my friend. Regression.

Comment

I still can't figure out why we havent' made any deals yet. After that third game in Chicago we should have been making moves. Now this thing has become an epic train wreck.

Comment

Public Service Announcement:

There are 10 days until the Trade Deadline.
                      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        Probably not.
                        --------------------
                        We would have to go 18-50 from here on out to lose 100 games.
                        --------------------
                        That would require us to play at the pace of the worst team in major-league history for the remainder of the season.
                        Ladies and gentleman:

Bobbob doing everything he can muster to make it seem like this team is pound for pound not the ULTIMATE suck.

Comment

I mean, maybe it's realistic that they play like the '62 Mets for the next 68 games?
                          poop

Comment

Oh my god this team is the fucking worst, I'd prefer if they were the Black Sox and Hitler was the manager

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              I mean, maybe it's realistic that they play like the '62 Mets for the next 68 games?
                              Pound for pound.

The '62 Mets did not have the payroll/past All-Stars that this team has.

This is a ridiculously terrible team.

Say it once or twice out loud. It's liberating.

Comment

Working...
                              X