No announcement yet.

Heath Bell is the Most Hated Marlin Since Jorge Julio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, there's a new one that happened today.

I purposely didn't add the rumors that Hanley almost demanded a trade because he didn't want to play third base because those reports are very sketchy.

Comment

Yes. One in two years isn't really a pattern.

He got pissed and did a dumb thing. I just think it's silly to erase two years of mostly doing the right thing because he did a stupid thing that baseball players do all of the time.

As for your edit, those were never rumors. They were national reporters speculating. Stop it.
      poop

Comment

Players lacerate their hands on a regular basis? Isn't it usually the dumb ones?
        Last edited by Party; 07-08-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Players get pissed and hit things in the dugout all of the time. Some of them are dumb. Some of them are not. The consistent theme isn't being dumb, it is being frustrated.
          poop

Comment

There probably is a high correlation between being dumb and lacerations.

Comment

Hanley isn't the first player to ever get angry and hit something after a bad at bat. I promise.

Comment

Like I said, it happens all of the time. Most of the guys don't get hurt when they do it, but some of them do.

I guess maybe we can say only the dumb ones get hurt.

But I don't think I'm willing to say I'm worried about Bryce Harper's future because he did essentially the same thing.
                poop

Comment

I miss the douche bag Hanley. His average OPS was north of .900.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                    I agree with this comment, but Hanley makes it hard sometimes.

"He wouldn't know because he never played in the big leagues".

Wears a t-shirt calling for a trade because they made him cut his hair.

Lollygag-gate.

The feud with Uggla.

There's probably more that I'm forgetting. The maturity really hasn't grown with age.
                    The feud with Uggla wasn't Hanley's fault.

Comment

Ok, take that off and add sitting out the final game of the season to keep his batting average at .300

Comment

When was that?

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                          Ok, take that off and add sitting out the final game of the season to keep his batting average at .300
                          In 2010, you mean?

He missed all but one of the final 17 games of the season with an elbow injury.

And again, two years ago. He's been pretty great as a person over the last two seasons.
                          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 07-08-2012, 06:42 PM.
                          poop

Comment

Oh right, never.

Comment

He is thinking of Jose Reyes?
                              poop

Comment

Mainge, do you still think it's the leg movement that is causing Hanley to suck? (Serious question)
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X