Early Lead Ruined By Sloppy Play As Marlins Fall to Brewers 6-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Early Lead Ruined By Sloppy Play As Marlins Fall to Brewers 6-5

My takeaways: this team sucks. Philly reeeeeeeally sucks.

I don't think we suck but I do think the playoff projections for this team were wrong. We probably won't be a playoff team.

Rebuild!!

Comment

We would have won that game if we had Darvish.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

We've been through this, but it's hard to rebuild this team unless someone talks themselves into Ricky. There's going to be a lot of bad salary on the books next year. It's rapidly getting to be all about 2014 with me.

Comment

We're not seriously talking about rebuilding already, are we?

Comment

We should absolutely be sellers this year. I don't know if that constitutes rebuilding, but this team is bad and there's no reason to think it's going to get markedly better without an infusion of talent, which we certainly don't have at the high levels in the minors and it's debatable if we can even afford in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
              We've been through this, but it's hard to rebuild this team unless someone talks themselves into Ricky. There's going to be a lot of bad salary on the books next year. It's rapidly getting to be all about 2014 with me.
              Well, I wasn't serious about rebuilding.

I personally feel we are not that far off as a playoff team.

Comment

I sweated my ass off to watch Hanley shit the bed in the field. Can't believe they closed the roof in the 5th. Then opened it in the 8th. We left too many guys on base as well. Also the call on Buck was pretty redic.

Comment

Realistically speaking, the team isn't going to rebuild when the team is only 5 games back of a wildcard spot in early July.

I agree with Swifty, though. I dislike this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    Realistically speaking, the team isn't going to rebuild when the team is only 5 games back of a wildcard spot in early July.

I agree with Swifty, though. I dislike this team.
                    Just curious, what do you dislike mostly about this team?

Comment

It's a team with no depth that has had some things go wrong/it doesn't look like a lot of the things that have gone wrong are fixable, at this point.

I really don't think they turn it around so I wish they'd make some moves for the future. The thing that sucks is that it's the first year at the new ballpark and they're still hanging around; thus, they're likely just going to stay with the same team or make a trade for a name that doesn't improve the team much.

Even you have said that you wish we had a front office that cared a bit more about analytics and so forth. I feel like we're rather mediocre for a team spending this much money and I'd like a new era already. I kinda join the fire Beinfest bandwagon more and more with each passing day.

It's just an opinion of course. I don't think a -59 run differential is a good sign of things to come for the next 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        It's a team with no depth that has had some things go wrong/it doesn't look like a lot of the things that have gone wrong are fixable, at this point.

I really don't think they turn it around so I wish they'd make some moves for the future. The thing that sucks is that it's the first year at the new ballpark and they're still hanging around; thus, they're likely just going to stay with the same team or make a trade for a name that doesn't improve the team much.

Even you have said that you wish we had a front office that cared a bit more about analytics and so forth. I feel like we're rather mediocre for a team spending this much money and I'd like a new era already. I kinda join the fire Beinfest bandwagon more and more with each passing day.

It's just an opinion of course. I don't think a -59 run differential is a good sign of things to come for the next 3 months.
                        I can't say I disagree. The team has been mediocre under Beinfest for quite some time now, so I do feel there should be a change made in the off season.
                        I'm just worried about who they will hire because despite how some may feel about Beinfest, it is possible to hire someone worse.

Comment

MLB Positional OPS under .600

.454 - White Sox 3B (.167/.237/.217)
                          .516 - Pirates SS (.200/.234/.282)
                          .520 - A's C (.206/.256/.265)
                          .542 - Tigers 2B (.201/.274/.268)
                          .542 - A's SS (.194/.260/.281)
                          .546 - Mariners SS (.187/.281/.265)
                          .552 - Orioles 2B (.217/.271/.281)
                          .556 - Cubs CF (.220/.273/.283)
                          .556 - Rays C (.195/.269/.288)
                          .558 - Padres C (.195/.259/.299)
                          .562 - Giants 2B (.244/.290/.272)
                          .563 - A's 3B (.186/.240/.323)
                          .568 - Marlins 1B (.206/.262/.306)
                          .570 - Nationals LF (.195/.274/.296)
                          .571 - Padres SS (.188/.284/.287)
                          .578 - Twins SS (.228/.278/.300)
                          .581 - Cubs C (.200/.255/.326)
                          .591 - Indians LF (.194/.282/.309)
                          .593 - White Sox SS (.250/.274/.319)
                          .593 - Dodgers SS (.235/.287/.306)
                          .597 - Marlins C (.189/.287/.309)
                          .598 - A's 2B (.211/.302/.296)
                          .599 - Indians 1B (.206/.262/.306)

Comment

How could the Marlins do this to nacho? This could have been a HUGH winning streak.

Comment

Anibal Sanchez is really the only piece that will get you decent to good prospects in return of the realistic trade pieces.
                              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                              X