X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gary Sheffield Tribute Thread

Gary Sheffield says Miami Marlins should consider trading Hanley Ramirez

by: Juan C. Rodriguez June 26th, 2012 | 8:42 PM

All-Star and former Marlin Gary Sheffield on The Michael Irvin Show Tuesday said the struggling Marlins should give some thought to trading Hanley Ramirez. Sheffield was asked about the struggling club andhe suggested a Ramirez trade asa quick way to revamp the roster.

“Inconsistency, lack of leadership,” Sheffield said, on 560 WQAM. “That’s what I see with this team. I’ve said it before and I’m going tosay it again…Hanley Ramirez is a good player. I just think he thinks he’s great and he hasn’t done anything yet. When you have a monster year people start expecting this every year and he hasn’t delivered. Somebody needs to sit him down and get with this kid and say, ‘Look, you’re not a .250 hitter.’ Unless [he] gets it together I think they need to start looking at moving him and kind of bringing in more players. He’s the one player than can bring in a lot of players.”

Sheffield also contradicted himself a bit, adding that Ramirez’s numbers might give teams pause about exchanging multiple players for him. Sheffield wondered whether the transition from shortstop to third base has impacted Ramirez’s bat. That appears unlikely. Ramirez made two errors on one play in Monday’s game, but otherwise he’s been outstanding at third. Manager Ozzie Guillen on numerous occasions has spoken about the move being smoother than anyone anticipated.

“Either this change is affecting him or this kid, he’sone of those guys, they think they’re great but they’re not,” Sheffield said. “Until you do it over a consistent basis, 10 years straight, you’re not great. If they had a veteran guy there to let him know that I think they’d get the most out of him.”
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...y-ramirez.html

Sheffield has never been one to hide his opinions.

Man, Michael Irvin's show is so bad.

/OffTopic, kind of.
    poop

Comment

I wonder what we can get for him.

Comment

It would be trading him when his value is lowest and of that I am not a fan.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Sheffield always responded well when people said stuff like this about him.

Comment

Sheff had roids to help him though
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I give 0 fucks what Sheffield thinks. Zero.

Comment

At this point, I think you consider trading all of them. I think you take "best offer" for guys like Anibal and Z, but if someone overwhelms you for Hanley or JJ or even LoMo or Stanton, you need to think about it. I don't think you necessarily do it, but you think about it. I've said it a lot, but this team is that bad.

Comment

I do not think you think about trading Stanton.
                  poop

Comment

I don't think it's a move you want to make, but if you can get above value for any of these guys, you think about it. Granted, the type of talent it would take to get to that "think about it" territory with Stanton is probably impossible to meet for all but 2 or 3 teams.

Comment

I wouldn't even think about it. You keep Stanton and build around him.

Comment

No one is ever untouchable.

Comment

I have a question, do we bring back Z or Anibal?
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Sandusky View Post
                            No one is ever untouchable.
                            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Working...
                            X