• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: The Marlins Suck Part XXVI; Fall 5-2 to STL

More meetings than Obama
    --------------------
    Does Beinfest see July 4th?
    Last edited by Namaste; 06-26-2012, 09:03 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Beinfest isn't OPSing .736 like Jose Reyes is. He isn't doing what Heath Bell is doing. He's not suffered a decline like Giancarlo Stanton has, or underperformed like Hanley has, or regressed like the entire pitching staff has.

The only mistake Beinfest has done that you could say many people disagreed with at the time was signing Heath Bell, and we needed a closer after the JCO stuff. Even though it doesn't solve anything, the only move that makes sense at the time is to fire Perez because the hitters have all underperformed, and I don't even know if he's really at the root of any of these problems.

This is a player problem, and you can't fire players. The only thing that should happen is that if the Marlins continue to fall like this, then at the deadline we sell. We try and trade Nolasco, Sanchez, and maybe even Infante (as his value is pretty close to its highest).

There's really nothing to account for this shitty month other than players just regressing below their abilities or regressing to the mean. You should usually be able to account for a few good players playing above there abilities each year for a team, and the Marlins have had absolutely nobody doing that this year (unless you count the guys with bit parts like Solano and Ruggiano). The hitters and some of the pitchers need to just get their you know what together.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
      Beinfest isn't OPSing .736 like Jose Reyes is. He isn't doing what Heath Bell is doing. He's not suffered a decline like Giancarlo Stanton has, or underperformed like Hanley has, or regressed like the entire pitching staff has.

The only mistake Beinfest has done that you could say many people disagreed with at the time was signing Heath Bell, and we needed a closer after the JCO stuff. Even though it doesn't solve anything, the only move that makes sense at the time is to fire Perez because the hitters have all underperformed, and I don't even know if he's really at the root of any of these problems.

This is a player problem, and you can't fire players. The only thing that should happen is that if the Marlins continue to fall like this, then at the deadline we sell. We try and trade Nolasco, Sanchez, and maybe even Infante (as his value is pretty close to its highest).

There's really nothing to account for this shitty month other than players just regressing below their abilities or regressing to the mean. You should usually be able to account for a few good players playing above there abilities each year for a team, and the Marlins have had absolutely nobody doing that this year (unless you count the guys with bit parts like Solano and Ruggiano). The hitters and some of the pitchers need to just get their you know what together.

It was a yes or no question

Sometimes GM's get fired whether deserve it or not.

Are you 14 years old?

Comment

Come on, he gave a good response to your question.

Comment

I didn't disagree with anything he said. I don't see a lack of talent on this team, so it's hard to blame Beinfest. The players have just regressed to a point no one saw coming.

I think Beinfest finishes out the season but will be fired after the season unless we make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
            Come on, he gave a good response to your question.
            I'm cranky. A
            dim, I'm sorry. Call me.

But just because I asked, "does Beinfest make July 4th?" doesn't mean I necessarily think Beinfest should be fired

Comment

It's silly to say Giancarlo has "suffered a decline" when his OPS is .001 points higher than it was last year.
              poop

Comment

In terms of Giancarlo, I was strictly referring to this month alone. Obviously he was one of the best hitters in baseball for the month of May.

Comment

I suppose Stanton was kind of due to decline this month

Comment

Until Stanton can lay off the breaking pitch low and away he is going to have slides like this.

Comment

The answer to your question is yes, Daft, but merely because of the management. If we were doing this based on personal opinions, I would have ditched him before the offseason.
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

Working...
                      X