No announcement yet.

Can Hanley Be Elite Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am starting to think NO myself and it greatly saddens me to say it.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

The poor road OPS is because they are lamenting about the new ballpark while they are on the road

Comment

I hope he gets pissed off at all of the attention that GianCarlo gets. Perhaps professional jealousy will convince him to stop half-assing things and instead focus on being the player he was.
        This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
        Edmonton Ice Bats
        2007 Teal League Wildcard
        2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
        2010 Teal League Wildcard
        2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

I highly doubt that Hanley is half-assing it at the plate and the video room

Comment

His May was pretty much "old Hanley." .322/.364/.525

Just to move the conversation along, his HR numbers have been pretty consistent (4 in April, 4 in May, 3 in June) it's been his double totals that really swing his SLG in a big way month-to-month, 10 in May, 7 combined in April/June. 8 of his 17 doubles have come on the road (6/12 HRs).

Even in the bad months, his walk rates have been encouraging (certainly by Hanley standards). I think he'll come around; he looked locked in on Saturday, scorched 3 balls to left, 3 outs, and got his only hit on a stupid bleeder to right.
            Last edited by Swifty; 07-02-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
              Just to move the conversation along, his HR numbers have been pretty consistent (4 in April, 4 in May, 3 in June) it's been his double totals that really swing his SLG in a big way month-to-month, 10 in May, 7 combined in April/June. 8 of his 17 doubles have come on the road (6/12 HRs).
              To put an even finer point on it, his BABIP is pretty much what to look at here:

March: .228 BABIP, .706 OPS
              April: .351 BABIP, .890 OPS
              May: .250 BABIP, .693 OPS

If he can get back to consistent .330+ BABIP, which he did every year until '11, he'll be 'old Hanley.'

This season, he’s posting his best LD% since ’09, as well as his lowest GB%.

I feel like he's primed for a .900 OPS second half, if things break right for him.
              poop

Comment

Working...
              X