Outfielder Acquisition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outfielder Acquisition?

"•The Marlins are actively looking for outfielders, writes MLB.com's Joe Frisaro as part of a reader mailbag. Frisaro speculates that Denard Span, Peter Bourjos or Carlos Lee could fit the Marlins' needs."
    What would it take? Who would you want?

Would love Span or Bourjos (or let's be honest, Hammer)

Carlos Lee does absolutely nothing for me

Comment

I'm personally fine with Ruggiano in CF. Ozzie doesn't play him enough.

Comment

Ruggiano ain't an everyday CFer

Comment

Denard Span would be the best for the lineup as it stands, but I think the Twins will ask a fortune for him (even if he's not worth a fortune).

I think Carlos Lee is the most obtainable.

Comment

It would be nice to have a corner our fielder who can hit for power.

Comment

None of the guys mentioned do that, unfortunately.

Comment

Willingham isn't on the list but I think I would pursue him.

Comment

I wish we could get Aoki from Milwaukee.

Comment

I'd be excited about Span. I would be fine with Bourjos. Please, no Carlos Lee.
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Carlos Lee seems to mean you are done with Gaby and LoMo takes over 1st base in '13.

Peter Bourjos is going through the same thing as the rest of our lineup.

I like Span but who knows how much he will cost us.

Alfonso Soriano is another option and it has been said that the Cubs are willing to take on a large chunk of his salary.

We honestly don't need anymore pitching, and with Leo coming back soon, that should further fortify our BP.

Seems like we were thinking of Carlos Lee back in May:

08:36 AM ET05.27 | There's some support on the Marlins coaching staff to try to trade for Houston first baseman Carlos Lee, earning $18.5 million in the last year of his contract. But the front office has not pursued that, believing the Marlins have enough at first and that demoted Gaby Sanchez will get back on track. Lee (.306, four homers, 27 RBI) is 35 and subpar defensively.
                      Miami Herald
                      http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...vet-astros-lee

Comment

Carlos Lee away from The Juice Box:

.297/.317/.347 in 101 AB

Comment

Don't jump down my throat but before we got Ruggiano,there were rumors that we called Minnesota about Span and/or Hammer. They responded with a Brad Hand package,which then we made a trade with Houston instead.

We could ask bout Hammer again especially if Sanchez doesn't hit again,but not sure bout trading Hand for him.

One thing to look out for is IF JC Oviedo comes back and our bullpen is stable,he could be an option to trade for a bat

Comment

He's coming back 8 days before the deadline. I don't see anyone giving up something good for him.
                            poop

Comment

I'd be cool with dealing Hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X