• Postgame: Marlins Win the Battle of the Joshes, 4-1

JJ looked very good

Solano had a few nice RBI

Heath Bell struck out the side after a leadoff walk

losing streak, snapped

I'll take it!
    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

We started our losing streak when I left for RI. I got back at about 5 PM today.

You're welcome.

Comment

It was because of me and jooj. And mainge I guess. And JJ kinda.

Comment

Why the hell is Chris Coghlan still getting starts in CF?

Comment

Ozzie is trollin', baby.
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
              Why the hell is Chris Coghlan still getting starts in CF?
              have you seen the other options?

edit: he's the only option (unless Solano can play)

Comment

Samson explains how phone call from Beinfest to end Marlins six-game losing streak led to roof opening

When David Samson's phone rang shortly after 5 o'clock Monday and he saw the call was coming from Larry Beinfest the first thing he said he thought was "something bad had happened."

David Samson said it was Larry Beinfest's suggestion that led to the roof being opened Monday night.
                Turns out the Marlins President of Baseball Operations was calling the team's No. 2 guy to make a suggestion.

"[Beinfest] said 'Hey, we've lost six in a row. I've got an idea. Let's open the roof and see what happens,'" Samson said. "I said, 'What's the temperature?' He said, 'It's going to below 80. It's going to be 79.' I said, 'Let's just try it.'"

Samson said he made two more phone calls. The first to owner Jeffrey Loria, and the next to manager Ozzie Guillen. Both agreed to it.

"[Loria] was worried about our fans, didn't want them to be too hot," Samson explained. "I spoke to the weather people and they said it was zero percent chance of rain, a nice wind breeze, our formula showed we could keep it open. We spoke to Ozzie, Ozzie said, 'What do I care? We lose six when it's open, we win six when it's closed, do whatever you want.' Ozzie was great. We decided to do it.'"

So, less than a half hour before Josh Johnson delivered the first pitch to Scott Podsednick, the roof was opened for a game at Marlins Park for the first time since April 18th.

Samson said normally the roof would have stayed closed on a night like this because the formula the Marlins use to determine if the weather is suitable (temperature, relative humidity and chance of rain) remained questionable in his eyes. But Beinfest's phone call and the unusually cool weather in South Florida with no chance of rain convinced Samson to go for it.

"The danger of this strategy is we win tonight and all of a sudden we hear from the man upstairs [Loria] the roof will be open at all-times, bring your umbrellas," Samson joked.

Samson said he expects the roof to remain closed on most nights this summer. "I don't know if this changes anything," he said. "But I'm still trying to hit my number of 11 open games for the season, which I promised you guys."
                Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Ozzie is the best sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    have you seen the other options?

edit: he's the only option (unless Solano can play)
                    Didn't Ruggiano start a game in CF?

And as awful as Petey was, he was still somehow significantly better than Coghlan.

Comment

Did Ruggiano start a game in CF? If so, my apologies....

edit: apparently he's started 2 games out there
                      --------------------
                      would love to see Scott Cousins come back up and play CF everyday
                      Last edited by Ramp; 06-11-2012, 10:40 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        We started our losing streak when I left for RI. I got back at about 5 PM today.

You're welcome.
                        Oh.

Well fuck you for going to begin with then.

Comment

He didn't have a choice

The Mainge herder got him

Comment

It's fun to hear Bobby V. complain after every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                              Did Ruggiano start a game in CF? If so, my apologies....

edit: apparently he's started 2 games out there
                              --------------------
                              would love to see Scott Cousins come back up and play CF everyday
                              Ruggiano is our other choice and he's proven enough. More than Coghlan atleast. I have NO idea how Coghlan hasn't been demoted and Cousins called up.

Comment

Working...
                              X