Marlins 2012 All-Star Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins 2012 All-Star Discussion

So what are the chances Stanton makes the All-Star game?

Going to be tough to make it as a starter with Beltran, Kemp(doubt he plays in ASG), Melky, Braun and Cargo.

Omar vs Uggla?

Hanley gaining some speed?

Discuss.

Helps Hanley that Tulo is always hurt.

Comment

I was gonna say Anibal has a great shot, but then I looked and saw that there are a SHITLOAD of pitchers having spectacular years. Jesus.
      --------------------
      Originally posted by Mainge View Post
      Helps Hanley that Tulo is always hurt.
      That doesn't really matter anymore because Hanley is a 3B now. Unless you're just talking about All-Star reserves in general.
      Last edited by Valid; 06-01-2012, 01:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Hanley's got a great chance to go in as a reserve. He's 3rd in OPS for NL 3B.
        poop

Comment

It helps Stanton's case that people will want to see him in the home run derby. Might put a little pressure on coaches to select him after he doesn't get voted in as a starter.

Infante should make the team at this pace. He was our best hitter before Stanton's outburst, and he has maintained a nice statline all season.

The 3rd base position in the National League is extremely weak this year outside of David Wright. It's somewhat strange to say that Hanley's been the 2nd best third baseman in the National League offensively.

Getting three Marlins into the All Star Game would be awesome. It would also be ironic that our starting pitching has carried this team the first half of the season, and three non pitchers have the best chance at making the all star team.

Comment

Yeah, Stanton's been getting a ton of attention lately. ESPN picked their Derby lineup and they were drooling over him. Fans gon wanna see him the derby.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
              I was gonna say Anibal has a great shot, but then I looked and saw that there are a SHITLOAD of pitchers having spectacular years. Jesus.
              --------------------

That doesn't really matter anymore because Hanley is a 3B now. Unless you're just talking about All-Star reserves in general.
              Nope. I'm retarded.

Comment

Working...
              X