Infante 2-Run Single Helps Take Series Vs. HOU; Finish Road Trip 8-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    All of that is fine, and irrelevant to the statement that all of our hitters need to be more like Greg Dobbs.
    haha

When you put it that way I sound like a dope. If you look back, my underlying point is not "be gregg dobbs", but rather "approach at-bats with more patience and strategy." That's the meat of my point.
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

I wanna tell him the truth. The truth about Mainge.
      Go for it.

Comment

• if we find out that Mainge is Batman, I'm gonna be both annoyed and aroused

Comment

• But you expressed the metes of your point by screaming at us about Dobbs

I like Dobbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            if we find out that Mainge is Batman, I'm gonna be both annoyed and aroused
            Like Bat man?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
              Go for it.
              Nah, he's not doing the appeal to expertise and experience thing anymore.
              poop

Comment

Bee tee dubs

Two pitchers and Gaby Sanchez are the only Marlins who have swung at more pitches outside of the zone than Greg Dobbs. Only Bonifacio, Kearns, Hayes and Buck make contact with a lower percentage of their swings than Dobbs. Only Stanton and Hayes make less contact with pitches in the zone.

There is zero evidence that Greg Dobbs is what you think he is.

You are projecting what you want to see on him because he's old and crappy and fills the "veteran know-how guy" role on the team.

Maybe you're right about that last part. But that "veteran know-how" is what keeps older, less talented guys in the game. And that is also something that young players only (usually) develop when they are older because they have to to stick around. What if more players played with "veteran know-how." Isn't that what makes young talented hitters great all-time hitters? It seems to be almost a cocky rejection of it amongst young hitters who would rather be flashy than efficient.
                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                  Like Bat man?

More like this.

Spoiler:
                  poop

Comment

• omg Mainge, that's a wonderful picture

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                      Maybe you're right about that last part. But that "veteran know-how" is what keeps older, less talented guys in the game. And that is also something that young players only (usually) develop when they are older because they have to to stick around. What if more players played with "veteran know-how." Isn't that what makes young talented hitters great all-time hitters? It seems to be almost a cocky rejection of it amongst young hitters who would rather be flashy than efficient.
                      But Greg Dobbs is not efficient. He is pretty bad.

My point is that you are projecting skills that Dobbs does not have onto him because of the role he is utilized in, regardless of whether he displays those skills.
                      poop

Comment

More like this.

Spoiler:
                        You found mm21!

Comment

• speaking of wheelz, where is miamarlin?

I saw him tweeting at some dude on the tweets the other day, made me think of him

Comment

• oh man, I remembered Ramp's uncle's name but forgot about fm21

Comment

• I wish the little details below the avatars could be longer so I could put:

The hitter we need, but don't deserve.

Comment

But Greg Dobbs is not efficient. He is pretty bad.

My point is that you are projecting skills that Dobbs does not have onto him because of the role he is utilized in, regardless of whether he displays those skills.
                                Good point. And again, you may be right, I don't know if that's what I'm doing.

I'm just sick of seeing Hanley and Reyes ground out or pop-up on first pitches. They're too talented for that.
                                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Working...
                                X