Infante 2-Run Single Helps Take Series Vs. HOU; Finish Road Trip 8-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
    Sports is not all about numbers. I'm very aware of the win-probability per out, hit, etc, and there is obvious use for such things. But there are things that numbers cannot possibly quantify. I used to be in the camp that you're all in, and I still am to a certain extent. But as of late I'm tending to lean back somewhat to the position that some of these statistics are misleading because much of sports is mental and personal (as is much of human life). But that's just one dude's opinion. Everyone has their own. Maybe I'm wrong.
    All of that is fine, and irrelevant to the statement that all of our hitters need to be more like Greg Dobbs.
    poop

Comment

Sports is not all about numbers. I'm very aware of the win-probability per out, hit, etc, and there is obvious use for such things. But there are things that numbers cannot possibly quantify. I used to be in the camp that you're all in, and I still am to a certain extent. But as of late I'm tending to lean back somewhat to the position that some of these statistics are misleading because much of sports is mental and personal (as is much of human life). But that's just one dude's opinion. Everyone has their own. Maybe I'm wrong.
      Also, for someone who apparently has "great" at bats like Greg Dobbs, why is he so shitty? Seriously, he's worse than Reyes right now and that's hard to do.

Comment

• Runs win games. But maybe you buy yourself a run late by knocking out an ace early. That's all I'm saying.
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

No one here believes sports is all about numbers.

Comment

• I actually watch baseball games like I'm starring at a stream of binary code.

Comment

Runs win games. But maybe you buy yourself a run late by knocking out an ace early. That's all I'm saying.
              Might as well knock him out by scoring a run early.

Comment

• Great in this sense meaning efficient (by my definition, which is apparently different than yours). And also I could be suffering from the eye bias test. I'm not saying I'm 100% right! I'm just expressing another view.
                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                  I actually watch baseball games like I'm starring at a stream of binary code.
                  ...in your mom's basement

Comment

• No basements in Miami.

Comment

Great in this sense meaning efficient (by my definition, which is apparently different than yours). And also I could be suffering from the eye bias test. I'm not saying I'm 100% right! I'm just expressing another view.
                      He's not seeing many pitches and he's got the worst OPS on the team. Nothing about him is great or efficient or odor-free

edit: forgot Gaby.

Comment

• Bee tee dubs

Two pitchers and Gaby Sanchez are the only Marlins who have swung at more pitches outside of the zone than Greg Dobbs. Only Bonifacio, Kearns, Hayes and Buck make contact with a lower percentage of their swings than Dobbs. Only Stanton and Hayes make less contact with pitches in the zone.

There is zero evidence that Greg Dobbs is what you think he is.

You are projecting what you want to see on him because he's old and crappy and fills the "veteran know-how guy" role on the team.
                        poop

Comment

Runs win games. But maybe you buy yourself a run late by knocking out an ace early. That's all I'm saying.
                          Of course. But what's more valuable? A run scored for sure in the present, or a run that may or may not be scored later?

An out is never more valuable than a single. Never.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                            No basements in Miami.
                            one was built for you, just so you can blog about your numbers

Comment

• I'm flattered.

Comment

"I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today."
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X