No announcement yet.

Infante 2-Run Single Helps Take Series Vs. HOU; Finish Road Trip 8-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna tell him the truth. The truth about Mainge.
    poop

Comment

I'd let Mainge have that honor.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
        You were a professional instructor for a game you never played?
        You don't have to play the game to understand the game. Most professional ballplayers don't have a clue to begin with. Like when Logan Morrison said he was just grounding out to 2B to help move the runner along. That's stupid talk.

And for the record, I was once a baseball scout. That doesn't make me any better than half the people on this board, but considering you're calling some out (like Mainge) for never playing, I got paid to see who could hit and who could Dobbs.

Comment

In what way?? I'd rather knock out Roy Hallday after 6 because my guy made him throw 23 pitches in one at-bat than have gaby get to first in the first inning with one out.
          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

In what way?? I'd rather knock out Roy Hallday after 6 because my guy made him throw 23 pitches in one at-bat than have gaby get to first in the first inning with one out.
            That is absolute poppycock. You have only 27 outs in a game. Forget pitch counts. Not making an out it the single most important thing a player can do (outside of hitting a homerun, but I guess that's still not making an out, so whatever).

Comment

I'd kind of rather anyways want the event where there is a hit rather than an out but that's just my crazy thinking.

Comment

I'd rather knock out Roy Halladay after 3 innings with 10 runs.

Comment

Also, 23 pitch at bats don't happen ever. A 10 pitch at bat is pretty rare too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    Also, 23 pitch at bats don't happen ever. A 10 pitch at bat is pretty rare too.
                    The record is 18 I think

Comment

• Odd that he became that discussion seeing as Bobbob pointed out Dobbs sees very few pitches to begin with.

Comment

• That is a stupid scenario to bring up.

The out is not what is valuable there. It is the pitches seen. You are giving credit for the out when it is not what is valuable.

A 10-pitch at bat that ends in a hit is better than a 10-pitch at bat that ends in an out. That is a more fair comparison.
                        poop

Comment

• I'd like to see where Big Game stands on bunting

Comment

• Sports is not all about numbers. I'm very aware of the win-probability per out, hit, etc, and there is obvious use for such things. But there are things that numbers cannot possibly quantify. I used to be in the camp that you're all in, and I still am to a certain extent. But as of late I'm tending to lean back somewhat to the position that some of these statistics are misleading because much of sports is mental and personal (as is much of human life). But that's just one dude's opinion. Everyone has their own. Maybe I'm wrong.
                            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• There is some credence to making the guy work. But anyway, most of our guys are prob too dumb to really get a good understanding of what they might see in their at bat, when it might come and how it might move based on those 10 pitches. Might as well get someone on base and see if we can score some runs.

Comment

• Is BigGameFish saying he'd rather have Halladay throw 45 pitches in an inning where the Marlins don't score over an inning where the Marlins score 1 run on 5 pitches?

Comment

Working...
                                X