No announcement yet.

Infante 2-Run Single Helps Take Series Vs. HOU; Finish Road Trip 8-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does being right make you feel better about yourself?

Anyway, my point is this: a lot of people (fans, and particularly sports writers) like to comment on things on which they have no idea about. I hate when sports writers critize athletes when they've never even played organized sports in their lives. There is a selective knowledge to many sports that is only had from years of experience in the profession. I don't want to go on and on about this, judging from what I'm reading, no one is likely to agree regardless.

What is a good at-bat to you? (note how I engage in fair and respectful diaogue)

Dobbs always steps into the batter's box with an idea of what he wants to do. He swings to the opposite field more than any of our hitters (which, by the way for you non-baseball players, helps you stay in rythem with you overall swing for longer stretches), he fouls off bad pitches in close counts, he works pitchers into deep counts (i.e doesn't get out in 2 pitches),he moves runners over, he can drive balls deep when necessary...Obviously he's a bench player for a reason, he's no where near our most talented hitter. But he is likely the most prepared hitter, and most cognitive hitter. If our more talented players infused this, they'd enjoy greater success. When Hanley bats patiently, he gets line-drives. Lomo is our best mix of talent and mental ability.

On another note, why do you guys always have to be so damn sarcastic and personal about things? Grow up.
    Last edited by BigGameFish; 05-11-2012, 12:16 PM.
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Is it fair to assume you were a professional baseball player?

Comment

I was not, if by pro you mean getting paid for it.
        --------------------
        I don't want to come off as rude. I respect everyone's opinions. Just wish I was returned the same courtesy
        Last edited by BigGameFish; 05-11-2012, 12:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Only one everyday player sees fewer pitches per plate appearance than Greg dobbs.

He sees fewer pitches per plate appearance than Ricky Nolasco, Josh Johnson, and Anibal Sanchez.

But since he's old and doesn't have the bat speed to pull anything, he gets to be tagged as a "professional hitter."
          poop

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
            He swings to the opposite field more than any of our hitters (which, by the way for you non-baseball players, helps you stay in rythem with you overall swing for longer stretches)
            As a professional hitting instructor, I can say with certainty that this is wrong. Or at least, they're completely unrelated.

What you basically just said is "Eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches helps you potato."

Comment

And again, what do you all consider a good at-bat? Sometimes an out can be more valuable than a single.
              --------------------
              Originally posted by Mainge View Post
              As a professional hitting instructor, I can say with certainty that this is wrong. Or at least, they're completely unrelated.

What you basically just said is "Eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches helps you potato."
              You were a professional instructor for a game you never played?
              Last edited by BigGameFish; 05-11-2012, 12:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

And again, what do you all consider a good at-bat? Sometimes an out can be more valuable than a single.
                That's not correct. Ever.

Comment

"Eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches helps you potato."
                  Ehe, that's funny

Comment

An out is never better than a not out.
                    poop

Comment

Sometimes an out can be more valuable than a single.
                      When is this?

Comment

--------------------

You were a professional instructor for a game you never played?
                        No, I am a professional hitting instructor. Not was.

Comment

My brother's head is going to explode when he reads that.

Comment

That's not correct. Ever.
                            REALLY? So if a guy forces a 20+ pitch at-bat, but get's out, that's not better than a one pitch at bat to start a game which results in a sinlge?
                            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

REALLY? So if a guy forces a 20+ pitch at-bat, but get's out, that's not better than a one pitch at bat to start a game which results in a sinlge?
                              Correct.

Comment

I was not, if by pro you mean getting paid for it.
                                --------------------
                                I don't want to come off as rude. I respect everyone's opinions. Just wish I was returned the same courtesy
                                You've kind of told us what we and others cannot understand because of our lack of professional baseball experience and then told us what we should understand because of/despite your lack of professional baseball experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X