Marlins 7 Game Win Streak Comes to an End As Houston Beats Fish 3-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
    Except when it comes to Z's velocity, or relief pitchers.

/taking shots
    Well deserved shots. Don't know what I was thinking there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      from June 18th till the end of the 2011 season:

Gaby Sanchez - 306AB .225/.319/.353 39bb 55k 7hr

Dude has been absolute dog shit his last 400 at bats
      And still outslugging Smoak.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashraf View Post
        Well deserved shots. Don't know what I was thinking there.
        I forgive you, my pupil

Comment

I'd seriously consider it at the beginning of June if things are still the same.

I think that, poor 2nd halves included, the Marlins are taking into account (as they should) that Gaby came into the year as a .785 .OPS guy who plays average/above average defense at 1B.

I think if you asked anyone a month ago if they had a problem with Gaby as the starting 1B, many would've been fine with it. The only ones who did have a problem were people who think Morrison should play 1B (which will ultimately happen one day).

Bryan Petersen isn't exactly a sure answer, though.

Comment

Gaby is a good defensive first baseman.

He's been really bad offensively for a while, but his defense is good.

Moving Lomo to first improves the team defense only because Lomo is atrocious out in left field. It certainly would not give us better defense at first, though. I think it's silly to suggest otherwise.
            poop

Comment

Obviously Gaby isn't a long term guy in this lineup. He's going to be traded sometime in the future so that we can move LoMo to first base where he belongs. In two to two and a half years, it's going to be Yelich in LF.

However, right now everybody is hitting exactly where they should in the lineup, and everybody is exactly where they should be in the field. Gaby is better than what he's done thus far. No reason to mess with the lineup when we've gone 7-1 on the road with some decent hitting.

Comment

I don't think anyone was suggesting that LoMo to 1st base would improve the defense a 1st. Unless I missed someone saying that.

Comment

Wild how a routine ground ball to the normally sure handed 2Bman changes the texture of the post game thread.

Comment

Also, Peterson in LF doesn't make this team better. Don't know if that's really been suggested, but LoMo is set in LF until we find a place to trade Gaby at the end of this season or in 2013.

Oh yeah, we should still give Anibal Sanchez a contract extension. I've said this for a year, but I'm still saying it. Him and Stanton should be our top priorities in the offseason to get extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                      I don't think anyone was suggesting that LoMo to 1st base would improve the defense a 1st. Unless I missed someone saying that.
                      You did.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                        No reason to mess with the lineup when we've gone 7-1 on the road with some decent hitting.
                        I think you're missing the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          I think you're missing the point.
                          I don't think platooning Gaby really helps the team either. I personally think it might hurt Gaby's confidence. Just let him work out his issues for the rest of the season.

Comment

I think the defense would improve but the offense would also be worse with such a move.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                              You did.
                              When?

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                                I don't think platooning Gaby really helps the team either. I personally think it might hurt Gaby's confidence. Just let him work out his issues for the rest of the season.
                                Hurt his confidence? He's dog shit out there. He needs to be put in a position to succeed and platooning him vs lefties does that.

Comment

Working...
                                X