Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably Tony Perez

Comment

After 20 games in 1956, Willie Mays was hitting .225. (Daft, call me)

tr305 wanted him released.

And no my point is not Jose Reyes is Willie Mays, my point is tr305 is an extreme reactionary who is poorly suited for following a sport that has a season comprised of 162 games.

Comment

Too many homers in here to have an honest debate. One thing about this place that frustrates me. Everything is always perfect day after day.
        --------------------
        3 gotdamn runs in three games. No excuse for that even when in a slump.
        Last edited by tr305; 04-24-2012, 10:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Go Phoenix

Comment

We should all set ourselves on fire and run around in circles.

It's a long ass season, some of us would rather not be angry all the time.

Or are saving it to direct at bobbob.

Comment

Originally posted by tr305 View Post
              Reyes can't hit, catch or throw and you aren't worried ?
              --------------------
              What can i cite since he isn't doing a single thing good ?
              First of all, the last thing you honestly need to worry about is Reyes' defense. Don't let this small sample size fool you, he's a very good shortstop and he makes this defense better.

That being said, I never said that Reyes was off to a good start, but citing HR (for him) and RBI (for anyone) doesn't prove anything. Right now, you can cite the fact that Reyes is only hitting .212 or so and he isn't hitting for any power and you'd be absolutely right. No one is going to argue that his first 20 games in a Marlins uniform aren't that great. The good news is that his walk rate is up over the last few seasons. Furthermore, his worst 2 months of his career are April and September. So he's a notoriously slow starter (and I guess finisher). Just gotta show some patience. Everyone's numbers look skewed because of the small sample size.
              --------------------
              Too many homers in here to have an honest debate. One thing about this place that frustrates me. Everything is always perfect day after day.
              --------------------
              3 gotdamn runs in three games. No excuse for that even when in a slump.
              Let's call a spade a spade here though... The Marlins just faced an in form Ross Detwiler, a phenom in Strasburg and one of the best pitchers over the last decade in Johan Santana.

Not like they faced the Red Sox rotation.
              Last edited by Ramp; 04-24-2012, 10:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

This team didn't hit in the spring either. We have problems gentlemen and you can't keep putting your heads in the sand but i won't.

Comment

Of course we have problems. We're gonna win 82 games and we're not gonna make the playoffs.

Bitching about it 24/7 doesn't make me feel any better.

Comment

This team didn't hit in the spring either. We have problems gentlemen and you can't keep putting your heads in the sand but i won't.
                    Spring Training means absolutely nothing. NOTHING.

No one is putting their heads in the sand. There are signs but it's a very small sample size. Omar Infante ain't hitting 40 homers this year. Giancarlo Stanton ain't hitting 10.

Furthermore, there aren't homers on this board. This board is as critical as it gets, especially with statistics. No one here is happy with the way the season has started, but it will get better and unfortunately, you'll probably make yourself look bad in the process.

Comment

Are you telling me Jack Hannahan isn't gonna hit .350 this year Ramp?

BECAUSE FUCK YOU

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                        Are you telling me Jack Hannahan isn't gonna hit .350 this year Ramp?

BECAUSE FUCK YOU
                        Hugg, this is what I am telling you.

Comment

Yep, everything is fine.

Comment

But he's hitting .364/.453/.523!

And even though he's a career .235 hitter, I see no reason to judge him based on his lengthy career track record and instead of judge him solely on the first 20 games of the season.

Indians are SOOOOO lucky they're only paying him $1.75mil. He should be making JOSE REYES MONEY.

Comment

... and Ron Artest was just celebrating a dunk

Comment

Yep, everything is fine.
                                See here's the thing. I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation with you and you give this 4 word answers where you don't bring reasoning into it.

Just because this site isn't on fire with everyone running amock, doesn't mean that we aren't worried. We are.

But we can use the past to teach us about the future. We know who these players are on the field, and for better or worse, they'll meet close to our expectations.

20 games is nothing. 50 games is when shit's a serious issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X