No announcement yet.

Marlins Offense Continues to Scuffle As They Fall to Mets 2-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think focusing on Perez is pointless. (But so are 90% of the discussions on here right?)

Comment

ok "Homer"

Dobbs OPSed .841 and .858 in April and May under Mallee (40 and 84 ABs respectively). OPSed .548, .914, .592, and .633 under Perez (79, 39, 98, 71 ABs).

Matt Dominguez had all of 45 ABs so come on.

Cameron OPSed .720, .590, and 1.431 in his 3 months here.

Jose Lopez OPSed 1.076 and .712 with us under Perez.

So it's not those last 3 guys. Dobbs was fine for the first two months getting basically the same ABs he would get under Perez.
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I feel like you are a bit too obsessed with the influence of the hitting coach. Should the Angels fire their hitting coach now as well? Pujols looks worse than half the Marlins right now.

Comment

Also, Mallee didn't really get fired much quicker for less.

Comment

This discussion could basically be narrowed down to Reyes, Stanton and Gaby. It wouldn't shock me if Reyes might be pressing a bit with the change of team. Stanton and Gaby are the ones I'd probably be most concerned about because you don't know if Stanton is completely healthy and Gaby has been bad since a good portion of last year after his hot start.

Comment

I mean, I even said specifically that I don't think coaches have that much influence. My point is that Mallee was fired at a time when we were losing lots of games not necessarily solely due to our hitting. We have hit significantly worse under Perez and all year have lost games due to hitting. But Eduardo seems to be the golden boy since daddy is a big shot. I cannot believe that this loss has turned me into Todd and tr305's hideous lovechild
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I blame the offense for this discussion happening.

Comment

Yeah, you said one thing and then did a completely different thing. Does he really seem like the golden boy or is that the tr305 thing?

Comment

Reyes is stealing money.

Comment

And that's my cue to go to bed. Good night everybody!!

Comment

0 Hr and 2 RBI. LOL
                        --------------------
                        Last edited by tr305; 04-24-2012, 10:01 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Fun pitching duel. Not really that worried about the offense. Last few games, they've run into some pretty good arms. They'll come around.

That was a hell of a catch by Kirk Nieuwenhuis in the first inning. Crowd was all over Reyes after the first at bat. Fun stuff.

When was the last time 4 players were walked by 4 different pitchers?
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by tr305 View Post
                          0 Hr and 2 RBI. LOL
                          --------------------
                          For future reference, don't cite RBI ever for a player's worth and in regards to Reyes, there's no need to cite his HR totals at any time.
                          Last edited by Ramp; 04-24-2012, 10:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Reyes can't hit, catch or throw and you aren't worried ?
                            --------------------
                            What can i cite since he isn't doing a single thing good ?
                            Last edited by tr305; 04-24-2012, 10:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Ramp, don't.

Comment

Who's the first homer apologist to step up and whistle past the graveyard ?

Comment

Working...
                                X