Chris Coghlan, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
    In Anibal's case, wasn't it the other way around? The Marlins were the ones sending him down to the minors because they knew he was hurt and didn't want to pay him a MLB salary.

Here, the Marlins were sending him down for performance reasons (not knowing he was hurt) and then Coghlan says he's hurt to keep getting his MLB salary.
    I don't believe so. I remember him being sent down and then him informing them about the injury.

Comment

Yeah, I thought they suspected he was injured or something, and he didn't confirm until after he was sent down.
      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
        I don't know why Gaby's cousin, or Gaby would know that the Marlins are really pissed at Cogz. That seems more of a personal problem between CC & the FO.
        Well it's fairly obvious to see that the Marlins are not/were not pleased with Coghlan staying on the major league roster at this point.

That being said, them "considering" dropping Coghlan at this point goes against everything the Marlins believe in.

Comment

I just remember that Anibal won his grievance against the Marlins. So I presumed that must've required the team to have known about the injury prior to sending him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            Well it's fairly obvious to see that the Marlins are not/were not pleased with Coghlan staying on the major league roster at this point.

That being said, them "considering" dropping Coghlan at this point goes against everything the Marlins believe in.
            When is he coming back?

Wonder what we can get for Cogz, although his value must be shit right now.

Comment

Anibal Sanchez, the pitcher that tossed a no hitter last September, was sent down to AAA Albuquerque today after a rough outing this past Thursday and an all around rough start to his 2007 season.

Given that he's had a lot of control problems, this is a little extreme especially after the kind of year he had last year and because he's only 6 stars into the year this year. He's definitely struggled to this point but he still has a lower ERA than both Dontrelle Willis and Scott Olsen and hasn't given up more than 4 runs in any of his games.

Sanchez got hit on the knee with a hard line drive in his last outing and might have been experiencing slight elbow tendonitis but Rick Kranitz said Sanchez's demotion was not because of injury but due to a lack of confidence
              MIAMI — Florida Marlins right-hander Anibal Sanchez was optioned Friday to Triple-A Albuquerque, where he'll try to rediscover the form that helped him throw a no-hitter as a rookie last year.
              Sanchez has allowed 43 hits and 19 walks in 30 innings this season. He's 2-1 with a 4.80 ERA in six starts.

"We felt as an organization that he needed to go down and get some things straightened out," manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "It's tough to make adjustments at the big-league level and work on things.

"There's something not right. But I feel really confident he can fix it."

He was sent down due to control issues and he admitted he was injured afterward.

Comment

When is he coming back?

Wonder what we can get for Cogz, although his value must be shit right now.
                Coghlan's value is as low as it can be right now.

You do start to wonder at what point do the Marlins start thinking about cutting bait with him (pun not intended).

Was his rookie year that much of a fluke?
                --------------------
                Last edited by Ramp; 07-06-2011, 02:31 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
                  I just remember that Anibal won his grievance against the Marlins. So I presumed that must've required the team to have known about the injury prior to sending him down.
                  Pretty sure he won his grievance because he sustained the injury on the major league roster which requires him to serve his DL time on the MLB roster but they wanted to recoup service time/salary so they fought it.
                  Last edited by Mainge; 07-06-2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    Coghlan's value is as low as it can be right now.

You do start to wonder at what point do the Marlins start thinking about cutting bait with him (pun not intended).

Was his rookie year that much of a fluke?
                    --------------------
                    I believe he was getting hot last year before tearing his meniscus.

Comment

Regarding CC, I feel really strongly that his struggles have been almost entirety mechanical. He really does a poor job of staying closed and keeping his front shoulder in. I've been saying that since the beginning of 2010
                      --------------------
                      He was back to sucking actually.
                      Last edited by Mainge; 07-06-2011, 02:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

17 games before his injury:

.209/.280/.224

5 games before his injury:

.368/.478/.358

So yes and no.

Comment

To be fair it was only his opinion and nothing was said as a matter of fact. It was NOT Gaby Sanchez but his relative who believes this to be true. He got me thinking about CC and his future with the Marlins. Like Ramp said at what point do the Marlins say they have had enough and just cut him or get peanuts in return?

Comment

I don't think he's a non-tender risk so long as there are no better in-house options.

Plus, with Dominguez and Infante playing as they are, his versatility keeps him around. Maybe not much longer but certainly beyond this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish Tank Frenzy View Post
                              To be fair it was only his opinion and nothing was said as a matter of fact. It was NOT Gaby Sanchez but his relative who believes this to be true. He got me thinking about CC and his future with the Marlins. Like Ramp said at what point do the Marlins say they have had enough and just cut him or get peanuts in return?
                              I think they are being very careful with their moves, remember we are going into a new ballpark next year.

The last thing we need is for everyone to think we are selling (which everytime we make a trade, we are considered sellers in Miami).

Comment

In a game they knew wouldn’t be easy, the New Orleans Zephyrs lost 14-1 to first-place Omaha, which sent its ace Luis Mendoza to the mound.

Mendoza is 11-5 and leads the Pacific Coast League in earned-run average, entering the game with a 1.45 ERA since the All-Star break. A porous defense was the last thing the Zephyrs needed.

But former National League Rookie of the Year Chris Coghlan, trying to recover his lost batting stroke in the minors, looked lost in center field, missing four balls that either bounced off his glove or fell just out his reach.

After an especially rough fifth inning in which Coghlan couldn’t haul in two difficult but catchable fly balls, he removed himself from the game.

“He took himself out,” Zephyrs Manager Greg Norton said. “He said his knee was a little sore from when he was hit by a pitch two nights ago, and he took himself out of the game.”

The Rookie of the Year for the Marlins in 2009 after beginning the season in New Orleans, Coghlan has been hampered recently with knee and elbow injuries and has struggled offensively this season.

He has been a key member of the Marlins outfield since his rookie season, though always considered more of an asset on offensive than defense. Coghlan originally was a second baseman, but he converted to the outfield in the minor leagues.

In reference to Coghlan’s tough night in center field, Norton said, “Are they tough plays? Yes. Can Cogs make those plays? Yes. How much is his knee is bothering him? We’ll find out. If he says his knee is bothering him or he’s not able to play the way he’s accustomed to, there’s no point in running him out there. We’ll be cautious and see how it feels tomorrow.”

Coghlan wasn’t charged with any errors, but he appeared to make plays on long fly balls more difficult by taking winding routes. He constantly seemed to be flat on his stomach in center field with the ball rolling away from him.

Chris Coghlan takes himself out of game after abominable showing in CF

Comment

Working...
                                X