• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate gabby worse than lomo now

Comment

Wanna get wings on Thursday?

Comment

It has little to nothing to do with our struggles, but I'd like to see Bonifacio and Reyes switch batting spots in the lineup. Bigger fan of Bonifacio 1st/Reyes 2nd.

Comment

I'm a bigger fan of the better player getting more plate appearances.
          poop

Comment

I wonder what the difference in plate appearances would be for guys on the same team that play in all of the same games while batting 1st and 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
              I wonder what the difference in plate appearances would be for guys on the same team that play in all of the same games while batting 1st and 2nd.
              Generally about 20 per season.

It's essentially nothing.

But come on, one time.
              poop

Comment

Isn't it like 25 a season?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  I'm a bigger fan of the better player getting more plate appearances.
                  Well, if we're going with that, Bonifacio shouldn't be hitting 2nd anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    Well, if we're going with that, Bonifacio shouldn't be hitting 2nd anyway.
                    Certainly. So if you don't think he should be hitting second, why do you think he should be hitting first?
                    poop

Comment

Generally about 20 per season.

It's essentially nothing.

But come on, one time.
                      Just wondering, Bobbob.

I like Bonifacio, MH.

Comment

Erick, why would you like them to switch?

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                          Just wondering, Bobbob.

I like Bonifacio, MH.
                          Another interesting choice.

Comment

Certainly. So if you don't think he should be hitting second, why do you think he should be hitting first?
                            I never said I agreed with you. Just saying that based on your response, your lineup would still look different than the current one.
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                            Erick, why would you like them to switch?
                            I don't know if it's sustainable but Bonifacio's walk rate improved last year and he ended up with a .360 .OBP. That's better than what Reyes will provide unless he has a .BABIP inflated year.

I understand Bobbob's point, but based on the style of game the team wants to play, I think it makes more sense.

The thought of hitting those two guys first was to get on base and create havoc on the bases.

From a managerial standpoint, I think you can do more with Reyes in the 2-hole, especially with the team struggling to score runs. Reyes is the best contact hitter on the team, likely won't hit into DP's to kill innings when Boni gets on base, and he has more power.
                            Hitting Reyes 2nd instead of hitting after the pitcher might give him an opportunity to drive in some more runs.

It's just an opinion though.
                            Last edited by Erick; 04-12-2012, 09:05 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Are DPs a big concern for either of the two, though?
                              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                              - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
                                Are DPs a big concern for either of the two, though?
                                Not at all, but I was just pointing out it wouldn't be a problem with Reyes either if they made the switch.

Comment

Working...
                                X