The First Impressions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Impressions Thread

So today was the first time I was inside with everything installed (or, at least, if something wasn't installed yet, I didn't notice it....aside from the home-run celebration).

The two things that stuck out to me was how "distant" things sounded (really weird acoustics that I'm sure will just take some getting used to) and how creepy the bathrooms were. The men's room nearest my section was noticeably barren (not even wall ads) which just felt unfinished and creepy juxtaposed with the rest of the stadium.

The bobble-head museum was kind of unexpected, but also kind of neat (especially highlighting all the teams' give aways this year).

I don't think there's a lot to draw out of one game but my brothers and I did a full 360 walk around and noticed a pretty significant breeze out in right...maybe the ball will carry that way? Sure looked like Gabby's shot did. Also on that note, I thought it was really funny how many people grabbed their cameras with anticipation after the homer only to audibly groan when the thing didn't go off!

Here's my view. I was like a kid on christmas morning.

--------------------
    Oh, PS, the orange jerseys look a lot better on the players than I thought (and I already said they looked a lot better in person) and Billy looks a lot worse in person. Really bad.
    Last edited by Swifty; 04-01-2012, 09:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Some national media types pointed out the only thing that sucks is the P.A announcer sounds similar to the old Montreal Expos stadium. Not sure how they can fix that. Also I think the green is nice and it comes off well on TV.

Comment

Can you explain what you mean?
      poop

Comment

Swift, they haven't installed the championship banners yet. :shifty
        --------------------
        I know what you mean about the PA. I had the same complaint after the Belen game, but things were different for the UM game.
        Last edited by Party; 04-01-2012, 09:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Swifty, those are very bizarre first impressions of Marlins Park.

Comment

Between MLB the Show and countless photo updates from the team and beat-writers, I think I was kind of desensitized to most of the stuff in the park. I didn't have a ton of time to explore, I'm hoping to do more of that tomorrow.

Comment

Was it hard getting in and out of garages ?

Comment

Hey Swift did ya hear, the parking situation is AWFUL at the new ballpark. How can they not have 37,000 parking spots? What a bush league organization!!!!!!!

Comment

heard parking (getting in and leaving also) was absolutely brutal today

Comment

I found it to be pretty easy; at worst, on par with the AAA (which is truly brutal). Getting to my garage was actually fairly easy. Worst part was getting off the expressway and waiting for the light at 12th. I'd imagine if something could be done about just having someone present to direct traffic (and hold the bridge down) it wouldn't be too bad at all.

Comment

What does everyone think of the neon green?

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        What does everyone think of the neon green?
                        Absolutely despise it

Comment

It seems like an odd choice to me.

Comment

I agree with BP.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Getting out of JRS with 25,000 people is brutal.

Comment

Working...
                              X