No announcement yet.

The Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was making sure I was looking at the right homerun. I don't agree that it was a pop up. He got full extension and barreled it up.
    --------------------
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/video...y_vid&c_id=nyy
    Last edited by Mainge; 04-01-2012, 10:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Everyone should stop bitching, we have a fucking new stadium that is The Marlins and solely the Marlins. It's like getting a sick-ass, new car and bitching because the color pipping wasn't the correct shade of grey or something dumb. Enjoy the stadium.

/jealousoutofstaterant
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

stop it

Comment

what's pipping?
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            stop it
            I don't know, I kind of agree with him.

I live in SoFla. The epcot amount of bitching about the new ballpark that is going on down here is getting really old.

I have yet to meet one person down here (that isn't in my close circle of my friends) that doesn't have a dozen things they HATE about the new ballpark.

Frankly, I'm getting sick of defending it.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
              I don't know, I kind of agree with him.

I live in SoFla. The epcot amount of bitching about the new ballpark that is going on down here is getting really old.

I have yet to meet one person down here (that isn't in my close circle of my friends) that doesn't have a dozen things they HATE about the new ballpark.

Frankly, I'm getting sick of defending it.
              Agreed.

As with anything new, there will be kinks that need to be worked out and it's not going to go perfectly in the first, second, or even tenth event. That's just the way it goes. The park is awesome...Enjoy watching baseball in comfort and everything else will work itself out.

The thing that annoys me the most is the parking complaints. Someone should tell the Miami herald that we get it already...no need for a new article about parking every day. As someone pointed out in another thread, getting out of Sun Life sucked too when there were more than 10K there. It's not exactly news that when a substantial crowd gathers any place, no matter the amount of parking, there will be traffic enetring and exiting the area. It happens at both Sun Life ane the Bank Atlantic Center and both venues have acres of parking.

Comment

I think while people are complaining about little details, they overwhelming approve of the place. Hopefully they are doing the right thing and e-mailing the club as I did (and received a friendly response from Samson).

Comment

today's sun sentinel article included a quote from a "fan" who said he "won't be back"
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

No surprise he's from Fort Lauderdale.

Comment

Originally posted by Polky View Post
                      today's sun sentinel article included a quote from a "fan" who said he "won't be back"
                      I read that. I'm guessing they left out the line that explained he was a Yankees fan...

Comment

Off topic: The Sun sentinel will now make people pay for subscriptions to read their content on the internet.

hehe, good luck with that.

Comment

Especially in a market with two newspapers. The Herald does it's share of Broward County stories. The Sentinel is slightly better in overall coverage.

Comment

The thing that frustrates me most about all of these articles is that there is absolutely no sense of perspective from any of them. It seriously sounds like these journalists have never been to another stadium before. Parking is going to be a nightmare whenever you have 30,000+ plus people exiting ANY single building. And, when transit is more readily used, that option becomes frustrating at times too. They need to ride the Green Line after a Red Sox game or take the Red Line to Addison during rush hour when the Cubs are at home before they complain about the hypothetical parking issues that may arise with the new stadium. And, good luck trying to actually drive to those games. Parking for Red Sox games is often a considerable 30 minute walk (albeit through some nice neighborhoods) from the stadium and prices hover around $30 per car. What sporting venue can proudly state that all methods of entry and exit are 100% hassle free and no one experiences delays? If the media and fans force the Marlins to compete with a nonexistent Platonic ideal of a stadium, they're never going to be seen as a success. And, that'd be a shame. Compare them to other ballparks. Are they doing things better or worse than the competition?

Comment

Don't let reality get in the way of a good Miami Herald hit piece.

Comment

People who write for newspapers are generally not deep thinking folk

Comment

Working...
                                X