No announcement yet.

Video of the Homerun Feature in Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we're going to have something that tacky, at least make it the most entertaining thing ever. That was boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
      Not with it "finished."

Last time I was there was late November.
      The Home Run feature looks 10 times better in person than it does on these cheesy YouTube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        The Home Run feature looks 10 times better in person than it does on these cheesy YouTube videos.
        That's not saying much.

I'm not of the "it's a disgrace to the franchise" mindset, but those calling it awesome, hopefully, are doing so tongue-in-cheek.

Comment

I think it's awesome.

No tongue in cheek crap. I think it's great. It's loud and obnoxious and fun and Miami.

Comment

It is loud and obnoxious and Miami. I guess it's just different definitions of great. I'm perfectly content calling it loud and obnoxious and Miami.

Comment

To negatively judge the Home Run feature without having seen it in the proper context would be dumb. Can we agree on that?

Comment

What's the proper context? After a homerun at the ballstadium in person?

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  To negatively judge the Home Run feature without having seen it in the proper context would be dumb. Can we agree on that?
                  So then we're all dumb. No one here's seen it move.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                    What's the proper context? After a homerun at the ballstadium in person?
                    No, during the winter when it's football season.

Comment

I want to jam your radar
                      --------------------
                      Also, whether it's seeing it now or seeing it while silly music is playing and the crowd is cheering and a guy is rounding the bases, I will still lowell when I watch the ridiculous thing do what it does. Say/think it's stupid all you want, but you're either insulting others' ability to think beyond a youtube video or basing things on your own lack of that ability when you think people can't imagine/perceive what it will be like. It will be less of a focal point when a guy has just hit a homerun, so people won't simply be looking at it and seeing only that with nothing else happening, but it will still be silly. I don't mind it because it makes me lowell out loud, but a bunch of cheering MHs won't make me think, THAT THING IS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED, IT'S INCREDIBLE!!!!!
                      --------------------
                      I gon triple merge: My question to you wasn't ridiculous because I was curious if you believe people need to be there in person even during the regular season after a homerun has been hit to be able to properly judge it. Your answer certainly seems to suggest that is the case and that people ought not to be judging from seeing it on tv after a homerun has been hit. I gon also not assume that you use that standard for other things that you do not witness in person.
                      Last edited by Beef; 03-26-2012, 11:59 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I think it's hideous, but I'm still going to reserve final judgment till I'm there and take in everything.

Comment

With only the video to go off of, I think naturally it's massively overdone and in-your-face, and I'm good with that. What better way to say "suck our dicks" than with something so obnoxious? Beats an apple raising out of a tube.

Comment

--------------------
                            Also, whether it's seeing it now or seeing it while silly music is playing and the crowd is cheering and a guy is rounding the bases, I will still lowell when I watch the ridiculous thing do what it does. Say/think it's stupid all you want, but you're either insulting others' ability to think beyond a youtube video or basing things on your own lack of that ability when you think people can't imagine/perceive what it will be like. It will be less of a focal point when a guy has just hit a homerun, so people won't simply be looking at it and seeing only that with nothing else happening, but it will still be silly. I don't mind it because it makes me lowell out loud, but a bunch of cheering MHs won't make me think, THAT THING IS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED, IT'S INCREDIBLE!!!!!
                            --------------------
                            I gon triple merge: My question to you wasn't ridiculous because I was curious if you believe people need to be there in person even during the regular season after a homerun has been hit to be able to properly judge it. Your answer certainly seems to suggest that is the case and that people ought not to be judging from seeing it on tv after a homerun has been hit. I gon also not assume that you use that standard for other things that you do not witness in person.

Wow this was an impressive rant, Beefypoo!

Comment

You're doing that thing where if someone else did it you would either make redX face or say good answer, Bobbob.

I suppose to you it was a rant, but I took the time to explain to you why it's not necessarily so dumb for people to make a prejudgment on the thing. Your mind seems to be very simple so that's probably why you defaulted to assuming that there is only one context in which people can see/imagine something and that's why you defaulted to calling it a rant.

Comment

You're doing that thing where if someone else did it you would either make redX face or say good answer, Bobbob.

I suppose to you it was a rant, but I took the time to explain to you why it's not necessarily so dumb for people to make a prejudgment on the thing. Your mind seems to be very simple so that's probably why you defaulted to assuming that there is only one context in which people can see/imagine something and that's why you defaulted to calling it a rant.
                                Your mind seems to be very negative. You know, you hate/lowell at anything not named chicken wings and Sals.

Diversity makes the world go round.

Comment

Working...
                                X