Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
    There is definitely something wrong with him. Half of his hits are groundball singles through the infield. His hits have very little lift. He isnt keeping his head down, or his chin in, and thus he's missing badly on outside pitches; which he seems to love to swing at. His strikezone recognition sucks, particularly on outside pitches with movement away from him.

I'm not sure if this is atributable to his injuries, I think it's more mental at this point. It looks like he's just in a bad slump, and I do agree that additional spring time would have helped. Eduardo Perez needs to get him to calm down at the plate, be patient, and keep his head on the ball. He needs some protection behind him, hopefully ozzie puts infante's hot bat there.
    I agree, he's looking pretty bad at the plate. But he's quietly hitting .262 with a .311 OBP. I guess what I'm saying is that it could be worse.

Comment

• He's gone through bad stretches like this before. Unless the injury is bothering him a lot, I don't think there's much to be worried about.
      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
        There is definitely something wrong with him. Half of his hits are groundball singles through the infield. His hits have very little lift. He isnt keeping his head down, or his chin in, and thus he's missing badly on outside pitches; which he seems to love to swing at. His strikezone recognition sucks, particularly on outside pitches with movement away from him.

I'm not sure if this is atributable to his injuries, I think it's more mental at this point. It looks like he's just in a bad slump, and I do agree that additional spring time would have helped. Eduardo Perez needs to get him to calm down at the plate, be patient, and keep his head on the ball. He needs some protection behind him, hopefully ozzie puts infante's hot bat there.
        I know Infante's off to a nice start, but I don't think he's protection for anyone.

Comment

• In 2010, he had homerless game streaks of 7, 9, 13, 10; 2011: 14, 7, 7, 20, 10, 9 and 8.

Through 10 starts last year, he had a .216/.326/.378 line. Through 10 starts this year, he has a .262/.311/.357. Fewer XBH, but essentially the same.
          poop

Comment

• I'm excited to see our line-up with hot Stanton in the middle
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              In 2010, he had homerless game streaks of 7, 9, 13, 10; 2011: 14, 7, 7, 20, 10, 9 and 8.

Through 10 starts last year, he had a .216/.326/.378 line. Through 10 starts this year, he has a .262/.311/.357. Fewer XBH, but essentially the same.
              Exactly. Like I said, he posting decent numbers, just quietly and not how we'd like him to.

Monster dongz, that is.

Comment

• I feel like he's due for a 2 HR and a 2B game in the very near future. He's been tattooing the ball lately.
                This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• I agree. He's due big time. He's Ichiro right now (minus the glove).

Comment

• He's Ichiro? I have absolutely no idea what kind of comparison that is.

Comment

• he became a japanese man in his late 30s

CAN'T YOU READ
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• It takes awhile for my braille computer to pop up all the words

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                          He's Ichiro? I have absolutely no idea what kind of comparison that is.
                          Stanton is slugging .333?

Comment

• So, hypothetically, if we sent down Stanton and his 300ish days of service time, he'd have to spend about 3 weeks at AAA to keep him out of super-2 territory, if I'm counting properly (which I may not be, admittedly). Just something to think about.

He looks awful out there. Awful.

Comment

• Wasn't the whole reason we waited so long to bring him up to keep him out of super 2 land?

Comment

• I'd be fine with sending him down for a few weeks. The way the rotation is dealing and Stanton hasn't produced at all, whats there to lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X