Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
    I do not get the joke. What he said doesn't apply to anything.
    I mean I would get it if he posted it before the article... it made 0 sense when he did

Comment

• I just still have a bad feeling about the situation despite them still playing in games.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• really doesn't make any sense

Comment

• I usually don't.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Comment

• Jon Morosi ‏ @jonmorosi

Giancarlo Stanton will keep trying to play through cartilage damage in left knee, acknowledges he may need periodic days off.

Comment

• No bueno :/

Comment

• take care of it now
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• If only he hadn't missed spring training, that rusty old knee would be fine.

-Tommy Hutton

Comment

• Unless I'm reading this incorrectly, the recovery for surgical intervention on knee-cartiledge is 4-5 weeks. Consider that isn't on "elite athlete time" and we're probably more in line with 6-8 weeks. If he can play through it, fine, I guess. If it's going to be a perpetual three days on, one day off, thing that gets worse, maybe it's a good idea to get it cleaned and say see you in June.

Comment

• I tend to agree. Also, if there's any chance that playing through the injury could exacerbate it at all, I definitely think that they should fix it now.

Comment

• I also count myself among those who say it should be fixed now if it's something that needs to be fixed.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flum View Post
                            I tend to agree. Also, if there's any chance that playing through the injury could exacerbate it at all, I definitely think that they should fix it now.
                            I'd hope we wouldn't let him play if that's the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                              I'd hope we wouldn't let him play if that's the case.
                              I'd hope so too, but I don't necessarily have a tremendous amount of faith in them.

Comment

• There is definitely something wrong with him. Half of his hits are groundball singles through the infield. His hits have very little lift. He isnt keeping his head down, or his chin in, and thus he's missing badly on outside pitches; which he seems to love to swing at. His strikezone recognition sucks, particularly on outside pitches with movement away from him.

I'm not sure if this is atributable to his injuries, I think it's more mental at this point. It looks like he's just in a bad slump, and I do agree that additional spring time would have helped. Eduardo Perez needs to get him to calm down at the plate, be patient, and keep his head on the ball. He needs some protection behind him, hopefully ozzie puts infante's hot bat there.
                                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Working...
                                X