Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
    The thing that annoys me is: outside of Brett Carrol, our outfielders have been pretty crumby and not very useful this season. Finding a place to plug Mike Stanton everyday in the majors could make a huge difference but for some reason we leave him in AA where he has absolutely nothing left to prove. And it downright pisses me off when the front office feeds us bullshit about his number of strikeouts.
    what Bob said + the fact its been 75 at bats for our outfielders.

Comment

Two more walks for Stanton so far today.

Comment

I know we're worried that he's not getting enough experience in AA because pitchers are too afraid to pitch to him. Is there any argument to be made that getting pitched around is helpful to developing his plate discipline?

Comment

I think it could be. It'd be nice to see him go a week without seeing a pitch to hit to see how he reacts. If he gets frustrated and starts flailing, that's a bad thing.

I say give him one more week, if nobody can figure him out by next Friday, to NoLa we go.
          poop

Comment

Game in progress: 5th inning

2/2 HR BB

Comment

so what's his numbers now?

Comment

He good.

Comment

He is not perfect. He finished 2-4 with a HR, a single, a walk, and two strikeouts. Season OPS is 1.322

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                    He is not perfect. He finished 2-4 with a HR, a single, a walk, and two strikeouts. Season OPS is 1.322
                    He got bored and batted left handed the last 2 ABs.

Comment

Mike looks like he's ready for the Bigs, there's not much left for him to accomplish right now at the AA level

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        Game in progress: 5th inning

2/2 HR BB
                        When Michael Stanton sneezes G-d says bless you.

Comment

1-1 hr 2bb 2 rbi

--------------------
                          1 of the 2 walks intentional.
                          Last edited by Ralph; 05-02-2010, 06:56 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

This really is getting absurd...

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
                              I know we're worried that he's not getting enough experience in AA because pitchers are too afraid to pitch to him. Is there any argument to be made that getting pitched around is helpful to developing his plate discipline?
                              I would argue no; if for no other reason than if you're getting worked around, the only thing you get used to is keeping the bat on your shoulder. Developing discipline, to me, involves taking a pitch that is, for the purposes of over simplification, a pitcher's pitch. If they're working around him, they're not even really going to nibble, they'll see if he'll extend to get himself out. That's not doing any good.

Comment

Move him to NOLA immediately

Comment

Working...
                                X