Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fritz View Post
    I think he could have a 50 HR year. His power is stupid, he's just going to get walked a ton and strike out a ton.
    His 162 game average based on this small sample size already has him at 33 HR with a .225 average, get that up to .250 or .260 and why not
    CSBC Commish

Comment

• In the minors, he's been historically a slow starter at every level following a promotion.

He's shown the batting average stuff since the AFL, I really think he's a super-duper star in waiting (big surprise, I know).

The power's legit, the eye's legit and he's got substantially better range than I was expecting.

Comment

• I don't think it's slow starting, I mean maybe this is semantics, but every single time he's had a talent jump it has decreased his performance, but he's made the necessary adjustments, not just to improve, but to slaughter. I think that speaks to the trajectory of his career more than anything else -- his ability to learn and adapt in the game. He is simply, the shit.
        Christian Yelich
        LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
        12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
        100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
        .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

• I think we are looking at the 04 Bonds for a potential and Adam Dunn for definite.

Comment

• I don't know if Stanton will ever have Dunn's pitch recognition

That's not a knock on Stanton...Dunn is just an OBP machine

Comment

• Okay, well, 2004 Bonds was the highest OPS of all time, so that might be a bit of a reach there. But he is still good!

Comment

• His ISO (.232) currently sits 7th all time for players 20 years of age with at least 150 PA.

He's behind three hall of famers (Mel Ott [.306], Ted Williams [.281], and Frank Robinson [.267), one future hall of famer (Alex Rodriguez [.273]), and two guys who were having potential hall of fame careers but injuries cut their career very short (Bob Horner [.272] and Tony Conigliaro [.244]).

He's ahead of Jimmie Foxx, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Al Kaline, Eddie Mathews, Orlando Cepeda, Ken Griffey, Hank Aaron, Johnny Bench

Sorry if I'm a bit giddy here
                --------------------
                Eddie Mathews is so far his best 20 year old rookie comparable

Styled in the vain of OPS, so 100 = league average

Mathews:
                K%: 177
                BB%: 107
                ISO: 175
                HR/PA: 235
                BABIP: 98

Stanton:
                K%: 189
                BB%: 103
                ISO: 159
                HR/PA: 206
                BABIP: 99

After putting up a .767 OPS as a 20 year old, Mathews would absolutely EXPLODE at 21, as his power and walks skyrocketed. Kind of sounds like Mikey's Jupiter and Jacksonville once he got adjusted huh?
                Last edited by nny; 07-28-2010, 12:29 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• this is so for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    this is so for me

+ me, too
                    CSBC Commish

Comment

• it's for me until we take a hands off approach assuming he'll be a .240 hitter and then he wants 20 mil a year and we say that payroll has to equal revenues and we trade him for Nick Franklin
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                        it's for me until we take a hands off approach assuming he'll be a .240 hitter and then he wants 20 mil a year and we say that payroll has to equal revenues and we trade him for Nick Franklin
                        I think he's the kinda dude that'll do the damn thing on his own, we'll pussyfoot around, offer him a crap extension (4 years $35 million) and then he'll walk and go to the Angels or Red Sox.
                        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• I think we're absolutely going buy him out before we move into the stadium.
                          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            I think we're absolutely going buy him out before we move into the stadium.
                            A smart organization would do this but this organization doesn't like thinking that far ahead.

Comment

• They bought out Hanley pretty early. They're more willing to buy out position players than pitchers. I don't expect them to do anything this offseason, but if Stanton puts together an awesome second season they'll give him a Hanley-like extension (i.e. 6-7 years).

Comment

• Almost just hit one out of Petco

I've never been there but it looked like another 10 feet and it would have been bouncing in the parking lot

Comment

Working...
                                X