Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
    So Stanton will be up tomorrow?
    Rosenthal's not the best, but he's pretty reliable on Marlins stuff. I don't know who he knows in the Marlins FO but he's been the first to break a lot of Marlins stuff, like the Miggy deal, the LoDuca reunion and our interest in Delgado this offseason.

Comment

• When he said it, did it sound like he meant it would be sooner or later?

Bringing him up before Strasburg on a day the Marlins are nationally televised could be a savvy move.
      poop

Comment

• He said later beause CC seems to be improving and Maybin provides plus defense in center. I don't see that stopping Stanton from being called up though, Cody in center is just fine for us.
        --------------------
        Stanton going for the cycle. 3/3 3B HR 3R RBI BB
        --------------------
        Walked again in the 5th ab so doubtful he will get to try for the double.
        Last edited by MiamiHomer; 06-04-2010, 08:35 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Swift View Post
          Rosenthal's not the best, but he's pretty reliable on Marlins stuff. I don't know who he knows in the Marlins FO but he's been the first to break a lot of Marlins stuff, like the Miggy deal, the LoDuca reunion and our interest in Delgado this offseason.
          What a mindfuck I don't remember this.

Comment

• Don't remember what? LoDuca's second stint with us?

Comment

• Well Ken Rosenthal says Tuesday will be the day.

Comment

• If so, it will be a national holiday in Swiftopia.

Comment

• Unconfirmed report is that he has received the call and will join the team Tuesday.

Comment

Unconfirmed report is that he has received the call and will join the team Tuesday.
                    flamarlins21 get on it!

Comment

• he's not in the jacksonville lineup today

*intrigue builds*

Comment

• 1:46pm: MLB.com's Joe Frisaro echoes (via Twitter) that Stanton is not in the lineup and says that there is a report out that he's been called up by the Marlins.

1:42pm: Juan C. Rodriguez of the Sun Sentinel reports that Marlins top prospect Mike Stanton is not in the lineup for Double-A Jacksonville this afternoon.

As Rodriguez cautions, it's possible that Stanton is just receiving a scheduled day off, however this news certainly meshes with the previous reports and speculation that Stanton may be on his way to Miami to continue his 2010 reign of terror in the National League East.

The 20-year-old righty slugger has shown tremendous improvement over last year and absolutely annihilated Double-A so far this season. His .311 batting average entering Sunday matches his on-base percentage from Jacksonville in 2009; his .441 OBP and .726 slugging percentage for the season are also each well over 100 points higher than his marks from '09. To date, he's mashed 21 home runs and walked 44 times in 238 plate appearances, versus 53 strikeouts.
                        Marlins Promote Mike Stanton?

Comment

• Because all the Stanton t - minus 0 stuff went bonkers.

He's coming up.

Lamb got DFA'd to make room.

He's wearing 27.

He's still awesome.

Comment

Because all the Stanton t - minus 0 stuff went bonkers.

He's coming up.

Lamb got DFA'd to make room.

He's wearing 27.

He's still awesome.
                            And you still have a hard on about it

just messin
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I'm glad he's wearing #27. That's my fave.
                              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                                And you still have a hard on about it

just messin
                                I woke up with some serious morning-after wood.

Comment

Working...
                                X