• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fans are the worst

Comment

• I hate them.

Comment

• I'd bat him 2nd (but I also wouldn't have Cantu hit 4th, my 1-6 would be CC-Stanton-H2R-Uggla-Gaby-Cantu).

Comment

• 2nd?

He's not going to put up a very good on base percentage. He's likely to be an all or nothing guy, that's not a good fit for the 2 spot.
          poop

Comment

• Yeah, I think Stanton at 6 would be a pretty solid spot.
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              2nd?

He's not going to put up a very good on base percentage. He's likely to be an all or nothing guy, that's not a good fit for the 2 spot.
              I think he wants to give Mikey the 'inherent protection' proection of the 2-hole.

Though I don't agree.

Comment

• Yeah, more or less. I want Hanley standing in the on-deck circle for Stanton, not Maybin or Paulino.

The other limiting thing is that we're so married to the idea of Cantu 4th so you're really not looking at lineup protection anywhere else. Sliding Uggla down further would be dumb, Cody 8th would be dumb, so really, if Stanton bats 7th and the lineup stays as is, it's either Maybin or the catcher as his "protection" and that's not what I want.

If we were so afraid to call him up because of the K's, don't we owe it to his development (and by extension our organization) to put him in the best spot to hit the ground running, meaning fastballs in fastball counts. I think so. Granted, MBA's Volstad crush has nothing on my man love for Stanton, but that's another story.

Comment

• I just don't think it's wise to put a guy who's not likely to put up an OBP that is league average in the 2 hole.

I kind of think Gaby's particular brand of good-ish OBP and league average-ish power with pretty good contact is a good fit for the 2 hole. I think Stanton would be good in the 6 spot.

Something like:

Coghlan
                  Gaby
                  Hanley
                  Cantu
                  Uggla
                  Stanton
                  Cody
                  Paulino
                  Pitcher

That way you still have a good hitter to "protect" Mike (I don't really buy the protection thing, but that's another story), and you aren't having to deal with a potential OBP problem at the top of the order. I just think with what realistically could be all or nothing type of production from him, he's more suited to the middle-to-bottom of the order than the top.
                  poop

Comment

• I don't think anyone could object to that lineup, though with Fredi, it's entirely likely (as I think has been posted) he'll bat 7th with Paulino behind him
                    CSBC Commish

Comment

• Can we try this?

Hanley
                      Gaby
                      Hanley
                      Stanton
                      Hanley
                      Stanton
                      Ross
                      Pitcher/Amezaga

Yes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swift View Post
                        Yeah, more or less. I want Hanley standing in the on-deck circle for Stanton, not Maybin or Paulino.

The other limiting thing is that we're so married to the idea of Cantu 4th so you're really not looking at lineup protection anywhere else. Sliding Uggla down further would be dumb, Cody 8th would be dumb, so really, if Stanton bats 7th and the lineup stays as is, it's either Maybin or the catcher as his "protection" and that's not what I want.

If we were so afraid to call him up because of the K's, don't we owe it to his development (and by extension our organization) to put him in the best spot to hit the ground running, meaning fastballs in fastball counts. I think so. Granted, MBA's Volstad crush has nothing on my man love for Stanton, but that's another story.
                        I think lineup protection is vastly overrated.

Comment

• I think he should bat 5th

CC (assuming he continues to hit like he's a major leaguer)
                          Sanchez
                          Hanley
                          Uggla
                          Stanton
                          Cantu
                          Ross
                          Paulino/Baker
                          Pitcher

no idea why we love Cantu as a cleanup guy so bad
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• That lineup makes too much sense.

Comment

• Wait, what's the issue with Cantu batting cleanup again?

Comment

• His OPS is too high.

Comment

Working...
                                X