Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fritz View Post
    I can't wait to see him play against the Rays.
    I'm going Sat and Sun games. I gon catch his first hr and demand season tickets in Swift's seats for 2012.
    --------------------
    If all of you had the GM’s ear, Mike Stanton would’ve been called up weeks ago by the Marlins. But one thing’s for certain: His days as a minor leaguer are numbered.

Lots of speculation out there on when Stanton — who by the way hit two more home runs last night — will get called up. Does he join the Marlins in New York where they open a three-game series against the Mets on Friday? How about in Philadelphia next week?

Or they could avoid a big media splash and bring him up next weekend in Tampa? Or maybe try to make an attendance impact and call him up on the start of their next homestand, June 15 (Although they’d still make an attendance bump at home even if he’s called up on the upcoming rod trip…)

But maybe his arrival is days away. After all, Marlins baseball operations president Larry Beinfest was in Jacksonville last night, which you can read here. Larry he was doing some draft home work (yes, the draft is Monday), but maybe the Marlins think enough of Stanton that the baseball ops chief wants to personally promote the kid.

Here’s what Larry said:

“I’m here to look at everybody right before we start our draft meetings,” Beinfest said. “But the big guy, it was impressive, one to right, one to left and good at-bats. There’s no timetable with Michael. Obviously, he’s doing great, and he’s working on all the things he needs to work on to be successful in the big leagues.

“It’s only a matter of time. I’m not going to couch it any other way. We’re just going to see. People have asked me if he’s going to Triple-A or the big leagues. We do talk about him quite often. We’ll make a decision as to what’s the best thing for him.

“You get a little different look with pitchers in Triple-A, but with the type of numbers he’s putting up and the way he’s performing right now, we’ve had some success taking guys right from Double-A. It’s not a major deal for us, but if it makes sense, it makes sense. We’ll see what happens.”

Apparently, his Super Status is no longer an issue, which you can read in an MLB.Com blog that explains it pretty well.
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marli...orida-marlins/
    Last edited by FishFF; 06-02-2010, 11:40 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Rosenthal says early next week

http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/15263681633

Comment

• xoxo
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• insiders breaking crazy insider stories that only insiders would know

Comment

• Any chance we can get tjfla to confirm?
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• flamarlins21's sending out text messages to the 40 man roster, standby.

Comment

• gonna be fantastic when peeps fly off the bandwagon after an 0/5 4k 8LOB type game

I look forward to this

Comment

• I'm interested to see what the tolerance and attitude toward him will be if he gets off to a slow start at the ML level.

Also what are people realistically expecting out of him once he comes up? If I remember correctly Miggy didn't exactly set the world on fire when he first came up and Cogs struggled at the beginning last year as well.

I'm hoping he comes up and rips homers all over the place, but I'm not really expecting him to put up monsterous numbers.

Comment

• I wonder where we bat him

Comment

• Fredi said 7th, according to reports.

Comment

• That's where I would prefer him to hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                          gonna be fantastic when peeps fly off the bandwagon after an 0/5 4k 8LOB type game

I look forward to this
                          i can't wait until dummies boo him, like chicago did starlin castro

Comment

• Won't be enough dummies at the game to hear them.

Comment

• sure there will. when there's 10 people at a game, if only three act like dicksmacks everyone can see/hear it

Comment

• They are impostors from opposing team!

Comment

Working...
                                X