No announcement yet.

Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did he only move up because of Heyward?

Who does he have above him?

I mean, I don't see how Jesus Montero could be above stanton right now. Strasburg, fine. Who else?
    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      Did he only move up because of Heyward?

Who does he have above him?

I mean, I don't see how Jesus Montero could be above stanton right now. Strasburg, fine. Who else?
      1. Stephen Strasburg, RHP, Washington. Now in Triple-A, working on refining his delivery with men on Venus, or something. He's scheduled to pitch Tuesday night after the Nats gave him an extra day of rest. I can't imagine he will still be in the minors a month from now. Previous ranking: No. 2

2. Carlos Santana, C, Cleveland. Hitting .322/.447/.570 in Triple-A. Lou Marson, meanwhile, has a 62 percent ground-ball rate in the majors, which is a function of his swing and thus not likely to get better any time soon. Santana, like Strasburg, should be up inside of a month. Previous ranking: No. 3

3. Buster Posey, C, San Francisco. I'd point out that he's raking (.346/.436/.549) in Triple-A, but we know pitching at that level just isn't very good. Of course, neither are lame excuses. (As well, Posey continues to cut down base-stealers at a very high rate, assuaging fears that he's a bad defensive catcher.) Previous ranking: No. 4

4. Mike Stanton, OF, Florida. Has hit 15 bombs already in Double-A -- he's on pace for 60 in a full 144-game minor league season -- and he already has more than half as many walks this year as he had in 2008 or '09. He could jump directly to the big leagues, although he might see his modest contact rate drop in the short term if he does. Previous ranking: No. 5
      There are the others.

Comment

• MH with the quick draw

Comment

• When was the previous ranking?
          poop

Comment

• Stanton is in a slump. He was held 2-17 against the Mudcats in the five game series that concluded tonight. He's hitting .189 over his last 10 games with a single home run.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• still can't hit a lick away from home: .171/.284/.386

Comment

• He sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  still can't hit a lick away from home: .171/.284/.386
                  That's it. We're moving the franchise to Jacksonville.

Comment

• Demote him to A

Comment

• Mike Stanton go boom!

Comment

• he certainly do

Comment

• 3-5 tonight with a bomb, his 16th and two RBI (38,39). Average back over .300 to .310
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Provided we are still floundering around in adequacy, we should bring him up for the rest of the interleague slate, obviously not including the last two games against ChiSox. If he hits, he finds a way into the lineup.

Comment

• I think we lost a tremendous opportunity to go with the aggressive callup, after this weekend we won't have the DH again until the June 11-13 series with Tampa and then not again until the end of the month @ Baltimore. The DH is great because it really gives us a no-lose situation, you let all the starters get AB's (so nothing is disrupted, yet) and you get Mike's feet wet however we see fit (RF or DH).

Then again, those AB's we're getting Helms are huge, really glad we're doing it.

Comment

• Morrison callup if healthy and producing before that tampa series. Stanton was in the middle of a mini-slump recently so its better he works out of it in AA which seems to happen now. Stanton will just force his way into the lineup when he gets called up. The plan is to not have to send him down to the minors.

Comment

Working...
                                X