Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody is a fun name to say!
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
      All those numbers makes me wonder why Cody Ross is such a cult hero to the fans. I mean he's okay but nothing chant/going gaga worthy
      Because Cody does things like this on a consistent basis.
      --------------------
      And people like short, bald, white athletes that always smile.
      --------------------
      REMEMBER THIS??????????????????????????
      Last edited by Party; 05-10-2010, 10:01 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Yeah, that Cordero game is where Co-dy Co-dy came from.

Comment

• why would people root for a guy that does those things?

Comment

• CHICAGO -- A major reason why Mike Stanton opened the season with the Jacksonville Suns is because the organization wanted him to accomplish hitting against Double-A pitching.

Without question, the 20-year-old slugger is doing that. The major question confronting the franchise now is when to promote him to the big leagues?

Stanton is making a statement that he is either ready now or very soon. In his first 100 at-bats at Jacksonville, the 6-foot-5, 230-pounder is batting .340, and he's belted 14 home runs and knocked in 31 runs.

Stanton's astounding success has raised speculation about where he will wind up next? According to an MLB source, the power-hitting outfielder will remain just where he is -- at least until late May or early June.

The source noted it is unlikely Stanton will be promoted to Triple-A New Orleans. When he moves up, it will likely be the big leagues.

"He is comfortable where he is, and most likely he will go from Double-A directly to the big leagues," the source said.

A few days ago in Washington, team owner Jeffrey Loria confirmed the organization was considering a leap to Triple-A. The owner added that there is no immediate timetable to promote Stanton to the big leagues.

"When he's ready, he will be here," Loria told reporters. "The baseball people will decide. When he comes here, we don't want him to fail. He will probably be here this summer."

Even though the Marlins have been struggling at the plate lately, the organization still is leaning against bringing Stanton up before the end of May or early June.

There are some business reasons for waiting until that time line, or after a player no longer qualifies as a Super Two in the arbitration process.

Already this season, a few other teams have promoted their top prospects. Starlin Castro was just brought up from Double-A Tennessee to the Cubs. Earlier, the Mets called up first baseman Ike Davis.

The Braves opened this season with 20-year-old Jason Heyward in right field. Heyward and Stanton were both part of the 2007 First-Year Player Draft.

As impressive as Stanton has been, he still has just 399 at-bats at the Double-A level, when you count his 299 in 2009.

As Stanton gains more seasoning, the Marlins also are monitoring what to do in the outfield over these next few weeks. Cameron Maybin has been struggling, and Bryan Petersen recently was called up from Triple-A. He is getting a look.

Chris Coghlan had his first three-hit game of the season on Sunday at Washington, raising his average to .206. Coghlan is looking for consistency. And Brett Carroll, the best defensive young outfielder of the group, has been taking advantage of his opportunities.

When Stanton does arrive, it will be a matter of which spot he will fill. He is playing right field at Jacksonville. But depending on where he fits, he could play left field.

Adding Stanton to the lineup would certainly bring another force to the order. The way Florida's lineup is set up, Stanton could start off batting sixth, behind Dan Uggla.

Stanton continues to make a strong case that he is big league ready. If he keeps doing what he's been doing, it will be tough to keep him in Double-A.
            http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Comment

• 1/2 HR 2 RBI 2 BB tonight.

Comment

• I really wish I could just watch the Suns.

Comment

• He was kinda due

Comment

• Are these games on TV?

Comment

• Mike Stanton broke a 2-2 tie with his Minor League-leading 15th home run Monday to help the Double-A Jacksonville Suns past the Birmingham Barons, 7-3.
                      Stanton took a 1-1 pitch from Rich Brooks over the right-field wall, also plating Osvaldo Martinez to give the Marlins affiliate a 4-2 edge. The 20-year-old walked twice and is batting .340 this season.

Florida's top prospect has been under increasing speculation surrounding a potential promotion. MLB.com's Joe Frisaro reported earlier Monday that a source close to the organization said Stanton "will go from Double-A directly to the big leagues" when the team feels he's ready.

Financial reasons, including guidelines regarding Stanton's future arbitration process, may also be contributing to his current position at Double-A. With 15 homers, the right fielder leads all of professional baseball, two more than Major League leader Paul Konerko.

Stanton, with 12 RBIs in his last 10 games, has driven in 32 runs in 28 games this season. The 2009 All-Star Futures Game selection, who hit 39 homers in 2008, was named Southern League Player of the Week on May 3.

This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.
                      http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/n...milb&fext=.jsp

Sometimes I can't believe our FO is real.

Comment

• I was looking at his stat line earlier and he has more Home Runs (15) than singles (12). That's pretty crazy!

Comment

• why are you surprised by this swift? How many more articles do we have to post in here saying he's not coming up yet? It sucks for us but nothing is going to change if he hits HR's in every at-bat the rest of the month.

Comment

• I think he is more surprised that Stanton won't see time at AAA.

Comment

• That we are dumb enough to say that he's not ready, but at the same time he's going to go AA -> MLB.

I have no problem with the organization saying they don't feel he's ready, whether or not I agree is irrelevant. I have a huge problem with them saying that (1) he's not ready right now and (2) when he is ready, he will not have spent any time at AAA.

Comment

• Most teams dont send their top prospects to AAA.
                                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X