Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavens

Comment

• Meet us in DC, I'll take the train down.

Comment

• Can they televise Jacksonville games rather than the Marlins games?
        --------------------
        Mike Stanton isn't making it easy on the Marlins.

Stanton, amid weeks of speculation surrounding a potential promotion from Double-A, hit a home run that reportedly traveled an estimated 500 feet on Thursday night, clearing the top of the scoreboard in Montgomery Riverwalk Stadium.

The 20-year-old Stanton, batting with a man on in the sixth inning, hit a 1-1 offering from Biscuits reliever Dane De La Rosa over the scoreboard in center, which sits over 400 feet away from home plate in Montgomery. The two-run shot put Jacksonville up, 8-3.

Stanton, MLB.com's No. 3 top prospect, leads all of professional baseball in home runs with 14, two more than Major League leader Paul Konerko. He has five longballs in his last eight games and is batting .343 this season as the Suns' No. 3 hitter.

MLB.com's Joe Frisaro reported May 2 that the Marlins feel "there is no urgency to promote the 20-year-old slugger right now," both for developmental and financial reasons related to his arbitration eligibility.

The right-handed-hitting Panorama, Calif. native is batting .450 against left-handers and .307 against righties this year. He hit 28 homers last season between Class A Advanced Jupiter and Jacksonville after clubbing 39 in 2008 for Class A Greensboro.
        Suns' Stanton hits 500-foot homer
        --------------------

--------------------
        So he hit it OVER the scoreboard.
        Last edited by MiamiHomer; 05-06-2010, 10:08 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Tonight's Home run went over the scoreboard in Left Center:

It's 375 to LC.

Jesus.
          poop

Comment

• It's like he's playing a video game.

Comment

• I bet when he hits a home run, the camera switches so that you see him and he plays it up for the camera and then starts trotting.

(I always hated that about The Show. There's no drama with like 60% of the home runs, and if guys acted in real life like they do for most homers in that game, they'd get plunked after every HR.)
              poop

Comment

• So is he Andres Galarraga or not?

Comment

• still haven't seen them together

Comment

• Can they at least tell us what his major league number will be so I can get his jersey?

Jesus Christ, now I know what it's like to be MBA, this guy is my very own Volstad. Rationality, gone. I want Mike Stanton babies.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    Tonight's Home run went over the scoreboard in Left Center:

It's 375 to LC.

Jesus.
                    395*
                    Last edited by Swifty; 05-06-2010, 11:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• !

Comment

• He's at "a wedding" for the next two days.

I hope that means he's in DC but the Marlins don't want to make a fuss out of the fact he's traveling with the team.

Comment

• Interesting

Keith (Arlington, VA)

There has been a lot of talk that after the new labor agreement, the service years for players in the minors might change. Should teams act as if it will change and call up the rookies mentioned above now?

Jayson Stark
                          (1:47 PM)

I wrote about that in Rumblings. Sounds like the Cubs got that memo! Look, it's tough to assume anything about where the next labor deal will take the sport. But if a team really thinks a player like Mike Stanton or Starlin Castro is ready, I'm not sure that waiting around to save on service time is a good enough reason anymore.

Comment

• One Marlins veteran said he and others would like to see the team promote Mike Stanton -- ``these games could be the difference later'' -- but management believes doing that before June would be a mistake because it would move up his arbitration/free agency by a year.
                            Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/0...#ixzz0nP6ftZw6

Comment

• Sucks that our owner is a cheap piece of crap. Fuck arbitration and free agency, if this guy proves to be great, sign him long term dammit! He's a very talented and SMART individual, he's going to be up there with the Hanleys and King Alberts, Mike has always busted his ass to make himself the best that he can be.

Comment

• he is still king at a very high rate for PA and AB's

Comment

Working...
                                X