X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kearns has 23 hr in 1049 AB since 2008.

He's horrible.

Comment

Buck has value outside of his bat though. He's a better player than Coghlan right now.

I can accept the argument we overpaid him. But he's certianly not worthless.

Comment

Fair enough on Kearns. Also, Coghlan was supposed to be a butcher in the infield, so yeah. He was close to being an everyday third baseman how?

Yeah Buck hasn't been good with us but at his worst, he's been Cogs OPS equivalent at a premium position. Cmon Swift.

Comment

He was close to being an everyday 3B with us because we made the organizational decision to move him there. Remember?

Comment

In Beinberg you trust

Comment

No I don't remember that. Link?

Comment

http://www.fishstripes.com/2010/11/1...oving-to-third

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...ading-to-third
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Beef View Post
                In Beinberg you trust
                Solid as always
                Last edited by Swifty; 04-22-2012, 01:22 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Heh. That would have been fun.

Comment

I'm not concerned about Gaby. Buck is another story though. He calls a good game and is very good defensively, but the man can't hit to save his life.

Comment

Ehe, the date on that 2nd link is November 12, 2010. We traded Maybin the next day and said Coghlan was gon be the CF.

That one day he was our 3B was cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                        Ehe, the date on that 2nd link is November 12, 2010. We traded Maybin the next day and said Coghlan was gon be the CF.

That one day he was our 3B was cool though.
                        ehe

Comment

The fishstripes one is even better

Chris Coghlan moving to third by craig on Nov 13, 2010 10:38 AM EST
                          Cameron Maybin Traded to Padres by GameFish on Nov 13, 2010 5:54 PM EST

Comment

He was a pie dodge away.

Comment

Yeah, those links dates are odd. I can swear to you that it was during the season but then he had the setback. I remember Coghlan's twitter saying "anyone have an infielder's glove" but his twitter is shut down now.

I trust my neurotic memory with this stuff buys credibility there.

Comment

Coghlan's final game of the 2010 season was 4 days before we traded Jorge Cantu to Texas.

It's possible they told him some time in August or September he might be playing 3B in 2011 though.

Comment

Working...
                                X